The Student Room Group

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by tooosh

Vaccine are awesome, but Manchester? Are those one offs or tours?

Tours. They're supposed to be playing Power Lunches in Hackney the day before that Manc show. Then they were going over to Ireland for 2 dates and then back over here for 2 more, one of which was in Brighton. Other than that they're allllllllll over Europe
Reply 361
Original post by hogso
Tours. They're supposed to be playing Power Lunches in Hackney the day before that Manc show. Then they were going over to Ireland for 2 dates and then back over here for 2 more, one of which was in Brighton. Other than that they're allllllllll over Europe

Hmm might have to trek to Hackney.

Also, anyone heard The Elijah's new album? Can't stop listening to it :ahee:
Original post by tooosh
Hmm might have to trek to Hackney.

Also, anyone heard The Elijah's new album? Can't stop listening to it :ahee:

Yes!!!! it's sounds sooo good. It's been a while in the making but I must say I'm not disappointed. I saw them a few weeks ago when they played with legend and it was a really good gig.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone recommend some other good punk bands that still tour aside from:

Anti-Nowhere league
Uk Subs
Reply 364
Guys, what's your opinion on the statement 'punk is dead' anyone have a verdict?

Reply 365
Original post by Old Father Time
Anyone recommend some other good punk bands that still tour aside from:

Anti-Nowhere league
Uk Subs

I don't know about that but the story so far, the wonder years, man overboard, sum 41 (obviously), blink-182 (obviously), new found glory and set your goals are all amazing pop punk bands.
Apart from the fact I wouldn't really call them 'punk' but I guess that's going into my last post, real punk nowadays doesnt exist imo

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 366
I find punk pops up in other genres quite often nowadays, the most recent example of this is the song "Fiery Serpents" by black metal band Deathspell Omega, at least the first 30 seconds is heavily punk influenced.

Best song on that EP.
Reply 367
Original post by ninja_pidgeon
Yes!!!! it's sounds sooo good. It's been a while in the making but I must say I'm not disappointed. I saw them a few weeks ago when they played with legend and it was a really good gig.

I was going to go to Legend for TE, but I think Legend are a bit meh. Took me ages to clock that Ed from DSHS does guest vocals on I Loved :s-smilie:

Just came back from seeing All Shall Perish, they were epic!
Anyone pay much attention to The Menzingers? They're absolutely brilliant.
Reply 369
Original post by tssf_skye
Guys, what's your opinion on the statement 'punk is dead' anyone have a verdict?

Punk isn't as mainstream as before, but it still lives on. I love punk :cool:

Punk isn't dead, there are still loads of good punk bands out there but most aren't well known and only play locally.

Original post by tooosh
I was going to go to Legend for TE, but I think Legend are a bit meh. Took me ages to clock that Ed from DSHS does guest vocals on I Loved :s-smilie:

Just came back from seeing All Shall Perish, they were epic!

Not gonna lie, I didn't know that till now lol All shall perish is a band I reallyyyyy want to see live, was so gutted I couldn't get to ghostfest this year. Oh well hopefully they do a uk tour sometime soon cause the us one this year had an amazing line-up

Original post by nosceteipsummm
Anyone pay much attention to The Menzingers? They're absolutely brilliant.

Ah someone else who has heard of them! They are really good, a bit lighter than most of the stuff I listen to but still really good

Atreyu, Dream Theater, Escape the Fate, Hell or Highwater, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Rise Against, Shinedown, Stone Temple Pilots.

Some of my personal favourites right now. If you're looking for something a little lighter I recommend Yellowcard, they're pretty awesome too.
Ah someone else who has heard of them! They are really good, a bit lighter than most of the stuff I listen to but still really good

Yeah, I listen to all sorts of stuff. I saw them at Warped last year, and when they played Sunday Morning (I cannot tell you how much that song means to me) I almost cried.
Original post by Negaduck
Atreyu, Dream Theater, Escape the Fate, Hell or Highwater, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Rise Against, Shinedown, Stone Temple Pilots.

Some of my personal favourites right now. If you're looking for something a little lighter I recommend Yellowcard, they're pretty awesome too.

If you like Dream Theater I'd recommend listening to newer material by Stratovarius such as "Elysium"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 376
Punk isn't dead, there are still loads of good punk bands out there but most aren't well known and only play locally.

Such as?

I want a time machine.

(edited 11 years ago)

It's not dead just not so prevelant but I mean it's influences and roots can be seen all around current music and if you take a trip to a local venue no doubt there is some kind of puck band still playing there
Reply 379
Original post by Taurus
Punk isn't as mainstream as before, but it still lives on. I love punk :cool:

haha, my verdict seems to be a lot different to everyone elses. In my opinion REAL punk is dead, sure there are influences of punk all around current music but i don't think you can really call it punk.
Look a pop punk, nothing like the sex pistols, The damned, Doctor know, Fugazi.
Punk, particularly The sex pistols had a message it was very..political in many respects. For me punk died pretty close to when it first came in, of course there are roots and aspects of punk but not real punk that was in the late 70's and early 80's.

On another point, anyone seen the boat that rocked? They play some pretty good music in that film

Quick Reply

Latest