Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    A long shot, but did anyone see or are going to see Blink 182 this week/for their 2012 tour?

I saw them on Thursday; amazing night.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaaaa)
    A long shot, but did anyone see or are going to see Blink 182 this week/for their 2012 tour?

I did. Went to see them on the first night of the tour in Birmingham. They were alright but the crowd were shockingly bad. I was a bit disappointed
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got the 24th off to see Terror, Rotting Out (!!!), Naysayer, Bane, and Before We're Done.

Then on the 29th is my last show in the US (probably): Dead End Path, Soul Search, Daylight, Basement, Strike to Survive, BreakingxGround, Sweet Weapons, Iron Grip, Perspective, and Iron Horse...and there's a pillowfight afterwards (gotta love DIY venues)!

Stoooooked.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    I did. Went to see them on the first night of the tour in Birmingham. They were alright but the crowd were shockingly bad. I was a bit disappointed
    As in they weren't supportive? On Thursday, the crowd were rather 'silent' for the Blackout compared to the All-American Rejects with the opening acts, ha.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosceteipsummm)
    Got the 24th off to see Terror, Rotting Out (!!!), Naysayer, Bane, and Before We're Done.

Then on the 29th is my last show in the US (probably): Dead End Path, Soul Search, Daylight, Basement, Strike to Survive, BreakingxGround, Sweet Weapons, Iron Grip, Perspective, and Iron Horse...and there's a pillowfight afterwards (gotta love DIY venues)!

Stoooooked.
    I'm going to see terror, rotting out and brutality will prevail in October, I'm well up for it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pillowfight after Dead End Path? You Americans are crazy.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As in they weren't supportive? On Thursday, the crowd were rather 'silent' for the Blackout compared to the All-American Rejects with the opening acts, ha.
    I wouldn't say not supportive, there was clearly a lot of love for all the bands. It's just there wasn't much crowd participation, even during the heavier/more upbeat songs, there were only a handful of people jumping or mosh pitting. Kind of ruined it in all honesty, I thought it would be like a proper party atmosphere.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

This was fantastic.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betacra)

This was fantastic.
    Yasssss, can't beat a bit of leftover crack!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betacra)

This was fantastic.
    Did you catch them touring at the back end of last year? Awesome, really really awesome. It was the original line up (plus Brad from F-Minus ofc). I saw them at The Maze in Nottingham - the crowd was ****ing barmy. Great punk scene in Notts, coupled with that dinky little venue being packed to bursting made for a wonderful evening.

Choking Victim are touring the UK very soon, like, 2 weeks? Less? Although it's not actually CV, it's Stza and Chewing on Tinfoil (brilliant Ska Punk band from Ireland). I'm seeing them in Notts on 29th when they top the bill at a Ska/Punk all dayer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Did you catch them touring at the back end of last year? Awesome, really really awesome. It was the original line up (plus Brad from F-Minus ofc). I saw them at The Maze in Nottingham - the crowd was ****ing barmy. Great punk scene in Notts, coupled with that dinky little venue being packed to bursting made for a wonderful evening.

Choking Victim are touring the UK very soon, like, 2 weeks? Less? Although it's not actually CV, it's Stza and Chewing on Tinfoil (brilliant Ska Punk band from Ireland). I'm seeing them in Notts on 29th when they top the bill at a Ska/Punk all dayer
    Thanks for the info, gonna go see if these guys are playing anywhere a little more local anytime soon.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from Suis La Lune. They were breathtaking
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Just came back from Suis La Lune. They were breathtaking
    We Came Out Like Tigers were very good as well, hadn't heard much by them before.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    We Came Out Like Tigers were very good as well, hadn't heard much by them before.
    I hadn't either, apparently all the stuff they played was from their new album which wasn't out yet? I was sold as soon as he picked up the violin

Was a bit surprised more people weren't into Vales though, it was just me and a few other people. Their reception at Kerouac was a lot better. And Thom Denson was in the crowd :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    I hadn't either, apparently all the stuff they played was from their new album which wasn't out yet? I was sold as soon as he picked up the violin

Was a bit surprised more people weren't into Vales though, it was just me and a few other people. Their reception at Kerouac was a lot better. And Thom Denson was in the crowd :rolleyes:
    I didn't have the heart to tell Chlo her fly was undone.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    I didn't have the heart to tell Chlo her fly was undone.
    How the hell did you notice that? I was probably the closest to her for most of it and didn't see. Maybe you should have paid more attention to the show
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Check this out!
    http://westilldream1.bandcamp.com/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love majority of those bands!! Rise against, sum 41, new found glory, set your goals. But definitely four year strong and the wonder years are my favorites!!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there any Brand New fans here?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Saw them in Lisbon in July this year! Amazing, such a good live band! Still much prefer Green Day though

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.