pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taurus)
    Actually yeh thats true, all their songs are good
    No I haven't seen them live
    They're on my list with a load of other bands to see before I die or they die/retire
    Me too, i want to go to warped tour in america so much. how amazing would that be
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Me too, i want to go to warped tour in america so much. how amazing would that be
    Warped tour looks so good this year!
    Lostprophets are playing this year, and they are amazing live!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Why would you complain about mainstream music when your own music taste is so tediously mainstream? Not one of those bands plays hardcore and a couple play metalcore but all represent the lowest common denominator. Coming in on an elitist thing while being any scene kid is dumb
    Firstly, i disagree with this music being mainstream. Maybe the bands are well know if you like this genre otherwise anyone i ask do you like architects, a day to remember TSSF sum 41 etc don't know what the **** i'm on about. I was refering to 'mainstream' as the top 40 kesha and cheryl cole and that ****.

Secondly, some of those bands are hardcore/metalcore, parkway drive is a prime example. Also, i'm not a scene kid. ha HA.

You obviously have a lack of understand on this type of music
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Warped tour looks so good this year!
    Lostprophets are playing this year, and they are amazing live!
    YES i love lost prophets, i'm seen them live and they are amazing i have to agree! I don't really like their new stuff that much though :/
    I wish i could go to the american warped i was to see ADTR so bad!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's just no point of saying that in this thread.
    this is a forum... like i've said i clicked on the thread to see the musicians listed but i prefer justin bieber, do not see the problem.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    YES i love lost prophets, i'm seen them live and they are amazing i have to agree! I don't really like their new stuff that much though :/
    I wish i could go to the american warped i was to see ADTR so bad!
    There new stuff is okaay, but no where near as good as the stuff from start something and the fake sound of progress. Tbh I heard about them when Liberation Transmission came out, thought they were good but the old stuff blew me away!

Ahh ADTR are so good, what I would do to see them live!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    this is a forum... like i've said i clicked on the thread to see the musicians listed but i prefer justin bieber, do not see the problem.
    Trust me no one in this forum wants to hear that. The whole point is to get away from discussing mainstream overated pop artists like justin bieber.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see stars was such a good shout, awesome band. Others you might like if they're the style you're thinking, Story of the Year/Funeral for a Friend (early stuff though, so hours and casually dressed and deep in conversation)/Finch/Four Year Strong/Framing Hanley. They are a few i can think of, dunno whether thats the sort of stuff you'd like, but given I love all the stuff you originally mentioned, you should like :P
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    There new stuff is okaay, but no where near as good as the stuff from start something and the fake sound of progress. Tbh I heard about them when Liberation Transmission came out, thought they were good but the old stuff blew me away!

Ahh ADTR are so good, what I would do to see them live!
    I love your music taste SO much! I would kill to see ADTR oh my god just don't even get me started :') I love all Lost prophets stuff like last train home , where we belong and rooftops (everyone knows that one) :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyp2)
    I see stars was such a good shout, awesome band. Others you might like if they're the style you're thinking, Story of the Year/Funeral for a Friend (early stuff though, so hours and casually dressed and deep in conversation)/Finch/Four Year Strong/Framing Hanley. They are a few i can think of, dunno whether thats the sort of stuff you'd like, but given I love all the stuff you originally mentioned, you should like :P
    Ah thank you! I like four year strong but I'll give the others a listen funeral for the friend I'm kinda on tr fence about them

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, i disagree with this music being mainstream. Maybe the bands are well know if you like this genre otherwise anyone i ask do you like architects, a day to remember TSSF sum 41 etc don't know what the **** i'm on about. I was refering to 'mainstream' as the top 40 kesha and cheryl cole and that ****.

Secondly, some of those bands are hardcore/metalcore, parkway drive is a prime example. Also, i'm not a scene kid. ha HA.

You obviously have a lack of understand on this type of music
    Yeah obviously out of the two of us it's me, who's written for metal mags like Terrorizer, who has a lack of understanding rather than you, the gassed up 'not a scene kid' scene kid. The bands you mentioned used to get constant coverage in crap commercial mags like NME and Kerrang, because they're crap commercial bands. And no, there are no hardcore bands there except debatably Gallows, it's mainly mediocre metalcore bands most sheeple got bored of in 2009. If you think Discharge or Youth of Today sound like the bands you mentioned then your ears are broken. I wouldn't even care that you liked this **** if you didn't front like they're all really obscure, that chip on your shoulder really deserves for you to know what you're on about
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love your music taste SO much! I would kill to see ADTR oh my god just don't even get me started :') I love all Lost prophets stuff like last train home , where we belong and rooftops (everyone knows that one) :')

Ahh I love those songs! When I was younger I used to sing lostprophets stuff every day, I still know all the lyrics to most of their songs

And thank you! Your music taste is awesome as well, I'm so glad you're not another one of these people who think LMFAO, Olly Murs and the rest of the crap artists are the best thing ever :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    some of the heavier stuff you could try as well if you like,
    Mudvayne/Five finger death punch/Ill Nino (they're ok, wouldn't say brilliant)/All that remains/Godsmack/Atreyu/Saliva

As well as the obvious things like papa Roach/Limp Bizkit/Disturbed etc

But if you like any of the stuff i've put up, i can hopefully suggest a few more bands like the ones you're interested in
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bieber is alright. Just sayin'. I listen to pretty much everything.

My favourite bands from those genres:

-Abandon All Ships
    -Old Woe, is me
    -Bury Tomorrow
    -Memphis May Fire
    -Of mice & Men
    -Scarlett O'hara
    -The Amity Affliction
    -Hands like houses
    -Sleeping With Sirens
    -BlessThefall
    -Broadway

The list goes on really.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I love those songs! When I was younger I used to sing lostprophets stuff every day, I still know all the lyrics to most of their songs

And thank you! Your music taste is awesome as well, I'm so glad you're not another one of these people who think LMFAO, Olly Murs and the rest of the crap artists are the best thing ever :cool:
    Haha I know! Still love Ian watkins a bit tbh and hahah yeah to you too! So fed up with this 'music' in the top 40 which is artificial voices and beats where are the real bands they deserve credit!

• 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyp2)
    some of the heavier stuff you could try as well if you like,
    Mudvayne/Five finger death punch/Ill Nino (they're ok, wouldn't say brilliant)/All that remains/Godsmack/Atreyu/Saliva

As well as the obvious things like papa Roach/Limp Bizkit/Disturbed etc

But if you like any of the stuff i've put up, i can hopefully suggest a few more bands like the ones you're interested in
    Thank you I'll try them out! Love the obvious limp bizkit and some disturbed stuff

• 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way does anyone like BVB? I don't because I cant really take them seriously tbh :')

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way does anyone like BVB? I don't because I cant really take them seriously tbh :')

Instrumentally, they're talented. Too bad they waste it. They're an awful, artificial band, of which appeal to pre-teens who feel the need to 'belong' to a group.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Yeah obviously out of the two of us it's me, who's written for metal mags like Terrorizer, who has a lack of understanding rather than you, the gassed up 'not a scene kid' scene kid. The bands you mentioned used to get constant coverage in crap commercial mags like NME and Kerrang, because they're crap commercial bands. And no, there are no hardcore bands there except debatably Gallows, it's mainly mediocre metalcore bands most sheeple got bored of in 2009. If you think Discharge or Youth of Today sound like the bands you mentioned then your ears are broken. I wouldn't even care that you liked this **** if you didn't front like they're all really obscure, that chip on your shoulder really deserves for you to know what you're on about
    Debatable is all i can say. Along with I'm really not a 'scene kid', you couldn't be more wrong.

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know! Still love Ian watkins a bit tbh and hahah yeah to you too! So fed up with this 'music' in the top 40 which is artificial voices and beats where are the real bands they deserve credit!

Yes definitely! I just don't see the appeal of people who can't actually sing well. Then they end up paying 60+ pounds to see them live!
    Btw are you a fan of We are Scientists?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.