Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What ultimately did it for you?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If we go by cliches, most people have Blackberrys for BBM, most people have Androids because they simply aren't Apple made and most people have iPhones because Apple are using some mystical marketing ploys on the people.

But i don't go by cliches and i think that if someone's going to part with money, earned or credit, usually there will be at least a half compelling reason as to why they chose one thing over its competitors. For me, i just prefer how the iPhone feels, i think it has a lovely interface, it's smooth, the app store has many great and fun apps and the phone itself is beautiful and i love the feel of it as opposed to the plastic many are accustomed to with their phones.

So my question is, what made you ultimately decide to go for the phone that you have? Don't be ashamed to admit if you were just jumping on the bandwagon or whatever, because that's hardly a crime, i'm just interested to know.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently HTC Sensation because previously I had a Desire and liked it so opted to stay with the brand [I had previously stuck with Sony Ericsson for 5 phones in a row over 6yrs, so I've got form with the brand loyalty], went to HTC as I wanted a smartphone. At the time I didn't fancy the iPhone on cost grounds, lack of expandable memory and because my network didn't sellthem at the time. Also didn't want a Samsung because I'd had one of their mp3/4 players [YP-P2?] that wasn't very good.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something that doesn't brake easily because I drop my phone ALL the time.. therefore, I got a Nokia
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I was happy with my phone while everyone I knew were on the blackberry and iPhone 'bandwagon'. I used to borrow my friend's blackberry torch to play games and to see what the shabang was all about. And I liked it.
    One day I woke up and I decided I wanted one. It was exactly what happened. I still remember like it was yesterday I woke up on Sunday morning and I decided I wanted to get it and so I went to the store and got it.

Even though it's expensive and it's a 2 year contract and, after I got it all my friends and my brother (and iPhone lover) were against it and said I shouldn't have gotten it, I love it. If I could go back I would have done the same thing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've still use my faithful iPhone 3G. I chose it because of the reviews and nothing else was like it at the time, it was so new and innovative. I'll probably get the new one when it comes out as mine is starting to feel outdated. I still fail to see the appeal of blackberries.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Currently HTC Sensation because previously I had a Desire and liked it so opted to stay with the brand [I had previously stuck with Sony Ericsson for 5 phones in a row over 6yrs, so I've got form with the brand loyalty], went to HTC as I wanted a smartphone. At the time I didn't fancy the iPhone on cost grounds, lack of expandable memory and because my network didn't sellthem at the time. Also didn't want a Samsung because I'd had one of their mp3/4 players [YP-P2?] that wasn't very good.
    +1 for the Sensation.

Do you have dust under your screen?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    +1 for the Sensation.

Do you have dust under your screen?
    A little bit. Only noticeable when the phone's off/no backlight though. But yeah, for a supposedly sealed unit that's a little annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well first of all, neither iphones nor android phones appealed to me. So I had to look elsewhere. I find blackberries ugly so they were out straight away, can't bear an ugly phone. So, wp7, firstly for the usability of the interface, it's simplicity, great livetiles, the build quality of the phone, the extreme toughness of the glass as I am a little bit clumsy (this screen withstands hammers ffs, as well as the more usual coins, keys etc. scratching). I researched all reviews thoroughly. Then price, it was and is substantially cheaper than an iphone, a great point in its favour. Then the vanity factor. As mentioned, the phone has to be beautiful, and the Lumia 800 is. Also, I wanted a phone that wasn't black or white, which was tough as this phone only launched in these colours in Ireland so I had to get it from amazon.de in pink, and I am delighted I did. I love the menu setup of live tiles and the fact that I can change those colours. I really enjoy zune, it's great.

I love my phone, it's perfect for me. No regrets and I hope to still be using it in a few years.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I chose my Nokia because i liked the look of it....although not very good reviews (e.g. Its for old people)....i liked the fact that it had a qwerty keypad and touch screen!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got mine( http://www.asdamobile.com/pay-as-you...aign=sam-e1080 ) because it was ASDA's cheapest phone, and they were the cheapest network.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was due for an update and I just got the best phone I could that would be free.
    Which was the HTC Mozart Windows 7 Phone.
    I hate it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I chose the iPhone 4 purely because Apple always seem to create such aesthetically pleasing interfaces.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a blackberry because it was the only spare phone in the house after I lost my experia mini something or other. I hate it.

I had my experia thing because I slept in a puddle and ruined by old sony ericsson K800i. The K800 was seriously the best phone I've had, I could text from it, I could make phone calls and it had a battery that lasted about a week.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reece111)
    I've still use my faithful iPhone 3G. I chose it because of the reviews and nothing else was like it at the time, it was so new and innovative. I'll probably get the new one when it comes out as mine is starting to feel outdated. I still fail to see the appeal of blackberries.
    Am in the same situation as you dude , still using my iphone 3g. Battery life is terrible though, barely lasts a day. If im on the phone using the internet, the phone dies within 2 hours.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got the BlackBerry Curve 9360 because I was upgrading my contract, it was only released 3 weeks before I got it. I wanted something other than a touch phone because I haven't had the best luck with them and I can't afford an iPhone. Happy to say my BlackBerry is indestructible. Also, I don't have to deal with the **** graphics on the mainstream BB5 Curves which is a massive plus. The only downfall to a BlackBerry is when they get to low batter they cut your network access so you can't text or anything (when usually you'd want to text someone saying your phone's about to die). I'd pick an iPhone over a BlackBerry any day, but I'm not made of money.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I must admit, I got my blackberry because all my friends wanted it - so I had to get it first. Shoot me!
    However, I'm lucky though, because I genuinely love it, so many good memories together.. ahh.
    Speaking of phones, I need a new one... iPhone perhaps?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Samsung c3050 - it was the cheapest phone in the shop. All a mobile needs to do is text and call - none of these extra fancy things like touch-screens, apps etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    HTC One S - wanted a Galaxy S2 for a long time and the One S is very similar, but slightly better. My dad has a HTC and it's a nice phone - user friendly, looks good. Never liked Blackberries, not a fan of iPhone either. Although the only reason I got it was because of some excellent cashback deals which made it ridiculously cheap - if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have got it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Galaxy S2. It was the best phone at the time.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Iphone 3G.

Got it free from my stepdad. Not complaining :P
    Awesome phone to be honest. Was never into smart phones until I got offered a freebie and it provides a great form of entertainment when bored.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.