Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi! :)

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm Heather and I'm currently studying for A levels in History, English Literature, French and Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics). Hoping to read History at university.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Are those ASes (seeing as you're doing 4) ?

Any ideas where you want to study?

If you ever need study help or advice on anything to do with unis then there's sections for all the subjects you're doing and a sub-forum for everything to do with university. Plus there's sub-forums for just about every other question about anything on this forum!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there , yep am doing A's am doing History, Government and Politics, Sociology and Politics. Want to do Law or Politics at University.

Thankyou for the advice
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi clover
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey clare, Great A levels loving history (do it as well) what Uni's you looking at
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at doing marine biology or oceanography at portsmouth/plymouth/bangor.

I do biology, chemistry, geography and psychology.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clover12)
    Hey there , yep am doing A's am doing History, Government and Politics, Sociology and Politics. Want to do Law or Politics at University.

Thankyou for the advice
    Hiya,
    I did Psychology, Sociology, Law and Maths but when I applied to uni I went down a totally different route and have loved that I did. I study Media Production and compared to the more academic subjects I did previous this is so much hands on and have loved the course and the uni.

Which uni's are you maybe thinking of applying to? xx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool clare sounds interesting.

Hiya Jessica. Wow MP sounds interesting glad your enjoying it am thinking of Durnham , York, Nothingham and Cambridge. Don't think I'll get into the latter but figure i might as well go for it. Want to study law or Politics. Have decided to apply for both at diff places. Should be interesting to try and figure out a way putting that in my Ucas application
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi heather , cool you currently doin History at A level ?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clover12)
    Cool clare sounds interesting.

Hiya Jessica. Wow MP sounds interesting glad your enjoying it am thinking of Durnham , York, Nothingham and Cambridge. Don't think I'll get into the latter but figure i might as well go for it. Want to study law or Politics. Have decided to apply for both at diff places. Should be interesting to try and figure out a way putting that in my Ucas application
    Hi, yeah Media Production has been an amazing subject to study, I can now operate a TV studio and use film and still cameras to their best ability, has been exciting.

Go for Cambridge, why wouldn't you get in? As long as you have the grades required you should go for it! York is also a very good uni, mind you I choose the one where I felt at home in when I went for the Open day. Haha, you will have a good time writing your UCAS application, always fun! lol xxx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks Jessica , its just my gcse's aren't the typical all A* that many Oxbridge candidates have although I can achieve the A* AA required for A level.

Wow you seem to be having the time of your life. Which Uni do you go to?
    Glad to hear it am thinking of taking a gap year so probably will visit they next year. They look awsome in the perspectuses.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope you do get grades that enable you to apply for one of your choices.

I am and have had an amazing time, I study at De Montfort University in Leicester. Have just finished my 2nd year and really wish I was just starting again!

Most unis look amazing in the perspectuses, but you get a feel for them in person so the open days are a defo must. I just loved it here as soon as I came for the open day and havent looked back since :-) xxx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So do I am working hard to enable my self to achieve those high offers.

I have heard of De Monfort Uni has a really good reputation. Its good to hear that most students complain and want their time on the course to end so they can start work. Nice to hear someone is enjoying there time.

Yhe I know. The perspectus is only real good for the course its when you get their that you get a feel for the peole and the atmosphere. Plus its somewhere where your going to live 3+ so its important you like the city.

Thanks for the belief *gives confidence xxx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.