Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your thoughts on the BlackBerry 9790? Should I get it?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My contract ends next month so I'm looking to get a new phone soon. I'd like a blackberry just becuase i want to be able to type faster than i can on a touch screen.
    I liked the BB 9790 because it's both touch and type which is pretty handy.
    I was looking for any other opinions though, What do you guys think? Does anyone own one?

Oh, and it's a pretty good price, i found a contract at £13.50 pm.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george.e)
    My contract ends next month so I'm looking to get a new phone soon. I'd like a blackberry just becuase i want to be able to type faster than i can on a touch screen.
    I liked the BB 9790 because it's both touch and type which is pretty handy.
    I was looking for any other opinions though, What do you guys think? Does anyone own one?

Oh, and it's a pretty good price, i found a contract at £13.50 pm.
    Seems like a good phone to me, i'm currently using a £10 smashed up Tesco phone, with my contract sim in which is also coming to an end. Where can i get this £13.50pm deal? thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Seems like a good phone to me, i'm currently using a £10 smashed up Tesco phone, with my contract sim in which is also coming to an end. Where can i get this £13.50pm deal? thanks
    http://www.mobilife.com/mobile-deals...erry-bold-9790. The top deal on this page. You have to get this by redemption though, but it's a great deal if you remember to redeem! The 100 mins might not be enough for everybody, but it's fine for me!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mobilife.com/mobile-deals...erry-bold-9790. The top deal on this page. You have to get this by redemption though, but it's a great deal if you remember to redeem! The 100 mins might not be enough for everybody, but it's fine for me!
    Brilliant, thanks. Yeah 100 minutes is perfect for me, i'm more of just a texter. Have you ever done redemption before?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh just seen the 100mb internet, i'd probably need a bit more.
    Seems like a top phone though, especially bbm
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i think you just phone them up to redeem...I can't really remember though sorry!
    How much does 100MB internet give you? I don't really know how much that works out as?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i think you just phone them up to redeem...I can't really remember though sorry!
    How much does 100MB internet give you? I don't really know how much that works out as?
    This is the description tmobile gives for each amount :

Basic internet Good for checking emails, browsing the internet now and then, and seeing what's happening on Facebook. 250MB (3G)

Standard internet

Comes with WiFi, and great if you use your smartphone quite a bit for browsing, and checking out Facebook, as well as a little YouTube now and then. 750MB (3G)

Extra internet

Comes with WiFi, and perfect if you use the internet a lot for browsing, downloading apps, watching YouTube or BBC iPlayer, or if you use your phone as a modem sometimes. 1.5GB (3G)

Seeing as 100mb isnt even on this i'd definately try to get a bigger data plan seeing as blackberrys are extremely data dependent.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesse111)
    This is the description tmobile gives for each amount :

Basic internet Good for checking emails, browsing the internet now and then, and seeing what's happening on Facebook. 250MB (3G)

Standard internet

Comes with WiFi, and great if you use your smartphone quite a bit for browsing, and checking out Facebook, as well as a little YouTube now and then. 750MB (3G)

Extra internet

Comes with WiFi, and perfect if you use the internet a lot for browsing, downloading apps, watching YouTube or BBC iPlayer, or if you use your phone as a modem sometimes. 1.5GB (3G)

Seeing as 100mb isnt even on this i'd definately try to get a bigger data plan seeing as blackberrys are extremely data dependent.
    Aw great, that's really helpful. Thanks

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.