The Student Room Group

Harrods Summer Temp assessment centre, who has had theirs?

hi everyone :smile: I had my harrods assessment centre group interview a few days ago and was just wondering if any of you have had one and how did they go? Or if anyone got the job? Xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Francescaaa
hi everyone :smile: I had my harrods assessment centre group interview a few days ago and was just wondering if any of you have had one and how did they go? Or if anyone got the job? Xxx

Hi, I'm going there tomorrow, whats it like?

Which position did you apply for? I applied for Temporary porters position.
Reply 2
mine was for summer sale:smile: it was actually quite relaxed don't worry about it just try and be as confident as you can and don't say 'um' a lot!
Reply 3
mine was for summer sale:smile: it was actually quite relaxed don't worry about it just try and be as confident as you can and don't say 'um' a lot!

What did your assessment consist?, I'd imagine mine will be different since I'm not really doing any customer service.
My time slot is one hour, I wonder what i'll be doing for that long.

And, did they ask the typical questions like why you want to work for Harrods? etc.

Thanks for the reply.
Reply 4
Nah they asked us to do an introduction about ourselves and how our friends would describe us etc, it'll be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Got mine on Friday for temp sales...Quite nervous!
Also, what did you wear??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
would it be too late to apply? and how old r u guys? do u have to be a certain and what experience do u need
Reply 7

Is there another stage after this one, or do you find out if you got the job after this interview? Thanks :smile:
Ammmmm soooo scared :/ Got interview in 3 days...Can someone please help?
Reply 9
can anyone advise me on how to answer 'if money was no object, what would you buy from harrods ?' would be much appreciated :smile:
How much experience do you people have? (the ones that got through to the interview)
Reply 11
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
How much experience do you people have? (the ones that got through to the interview)

I got through to the interview and I had no experience at all, although it is only summer temp position.
Original post by cat_lover
I got through to the interview and I had no experience at all, although it is only summer temp position.

:O really?! I was told that they only accept you if you have experience and so I didnt apply :frown:

Btw did you find out about the job through their website?
Reply 13
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
:O really?! I was told that they only accept you if you have experience and so I didnt apply :frown:

Btw did you find out about the job through their website?

I just applied because there was nothing to lose, lol. And when I went to the assessment, they said don't worry if you don't have experience as they will train you up.

But yeah, I did :smile:

after how long did you find out whether or not the assessment was successful?
Reply 15
I just had one! All she asked was, What is the highlight of the last 12 months? What would your Bestfriend describe you as? If you had 1,000 gift voucher from Harrods, what would you buy? How would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo. Then a group task that focuses on this woman called Sophie and what items you would buy with her budget of £500. Relatively easy and I actually enjoyed it! Remember to wear the dress code presented in the email you get about the style guide! There was 15 of us and it only lasted an hour!
Reply 16
Hey!

I had my assessment on Wednesday too for temporary sales support opportunities. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything back??

Cheers!
Reply 17
Original post by ReszaBrown
I just had one! All she asked was, What is the highlight of the last 12 months? What would your Bestfriend describe you as? If you had 1,000 gift voucher from Harrods, what would you buy? How would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo. Then a group task that focuses on this woman called Sophie and what items you would buy with her budget of £500. Relatively easy and I actually enjoyed it! Remember to wear the dress code presented in the email you get about the style guide! There was 15 of us and it only lasted an hour!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. What were your answers like if you can remember and did you get the job in the end? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by onyii94
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. What were your answers like if you can remember and did you get the job in the end? :smile:

I answered that the highlight of my last 12 months was receiving 5 uni offers that was from Exeter, Bath, Bristol, Edinburgh & UCL.
My Bestfriend would describe me as friendly, confident and enthusiastic!
I would purchase Marc Jacobs perfume and any left overs I would share with family & friends.
I would focus on the style and properties of the fridge, something like that anyway lol :smile:

They was very impressed with me at the assessment centre so I've passed but I'm put on hold! Kinda frustrating so I should hear by them in 2 weeks.
Good luck honey! :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by laurieee58
Hey!

I had my assessment on Wednesday too for temporary sales support opportunities. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything back??

Cheers!

I had mine toooo on Wednesday AM. I heard back from them soon after I left - I passed the assessment as they was "very impressed" but I'm now put on hold for them to get things together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending