The Student Room Group

Dozens of children slaughtered by Bashar Assad's men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NietzschanGuy
Way to turn a hideous massacre into a chance to take a baseless pot shot politically.

Come on now. The biggest story here isn't that some Arabs have killed some other Arabs - that's a daily occurrence and a sad fact of life that Arabs have a very violent culture.

The real story here is that Muslims and the left wing manage to organise mass protests at the drop of a hat as soon as someone sneezes in Israel or a daft American soldier uses the Koran to prop up his wobbly desk.

Yet not a peep as kids' throats are sliced.

I had a look at a well known British Muslim forum today. There's a four page thread about a 'palestinian' being wounded by gunfire after throwing rocks at Israelis.

There isn't a mention about massacres in Syria.

The left wing have shown themselves up to be the morally bankrupt opportunists we all knew they were. Nine Islamic extremists attack Israeli soldiers on a boat and get killed, the left are apoplectic with rage in the UK.

Scores of kids have their throats cut, and not a single peep is heard from them.

The left wing have been exposed.
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
There are times when our military should be used to defend the innocent, this is one of those times.

No it isn't you lunatic. The last thing the UK needs is to end up in the middle of another sectarian war in the Middle East.

It has nothing to do with us.
(edited 11 years ago)
We in Britain and America haven't done anything because no matter what we chose to do people will whine about it, and it's massively cheaper to sit here and get criticised for not doing anything than it is to intervene at the cost of billions of pounds and our servicemen's lives and get criticised for being neo-imperialists. Besides which, we still don't know if there are any actual good guys here, or whether, as seems more likely, it's just two (or more) equally objectionable factions struggling for power.
Reply 23
Original post by Bonged.
Assad is a pig. Also, the UN is acting a bit like the league of nations before WW2, totally ineffective.

Who knows what to do though? If any western country intervenes it will have to deal with the fallout with terrorism, anger in the domestic muslim population etc for years to come.

i think theyre more concerned about what the russians and chinese will do to be quite honest, i doubt the muslim populaiton would get to upety about a humitarian mission, its not Iraq or Afghanistan
Reply 24
Original post by Chindits
Come on now. The biggest story here isn't that some Arabs have killed some other Arabs - that's a daily occurrence and a sad fact of life that Arabs have a very violent culture.

The real story here is that Muslims and the left wing manage to organise mass protests at the drop of a hat as soon as someone sneezes in Israel or a daft American soldier uses the Koran to prop up his wobbly desk.

Yet not a peep as kids' throats are sliced.

I had a look at a well known British Muslim forum today. There's a four page thread about a 'palestinian' being wounded by gunfire after throwing rocks at Israelis.

There isn't a mention about massacres in Syria.

The left wing have shown themselves up to be the morally bankrupt opportunists we all knew they were. Nine Islamic extremists attack Israeli soldiers on a boat and get killed, the left are apoplectic with rage in the UK.

Scores of kids have their throats cut, and not a single peep is heard from them.

i assume youre talking about the incident with Turkey there? they were hardly islamic extremists by any stretch of imagination and as for 'attacking' israeli soldiers it was more defending against a hostile boarding of their AID boat and besides, gun totting highly trained soldiers vs. a few aid workers? how can you seriously say theyre in the wrong ?
Reply 25

**** guys we've been found out.

Reply 26
I know you warned us about the graphic content, but i really regret watching it.
Original post by Spaz Man
This has happened so many times all over the world.

Lebanon 2006
Gaza 2009
Uganda
Rwanda

and now Syria yet again.

Why hasn't humanity bettered itself enough to not kill our own children?

This has been a habit of humans since before we were properly humans, probably long before. It's not a matter of killing our children, which would be odd indeed, but of killing children from a rival group. This was the norm throughout the entirety of human history and is even observed among chimpanzees.
Original post by cl_steele
i assume youre talking about the incident with Turkey there? they were hardly islamic extremists by any stretch of imagination and as for 'attacking' israeli soldiers it was more defending against a hostile boarding of their AID boat and besides, gun totting highly trained soldiers vs. a few aid workers? how can you seriously say theyre in the wrong ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3L7OV414Kk
Reply 29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10195838
as i said AID ships, not war ships ... they can sing for the devil to come and smite all infadels for all i care that doesnt refute the point..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18230869
Hah! Take that Syria. Look who's not coming to the Olympics, I'm sure you'll think twice next time you massacre children!
Who's laughing now?
The first video was so difficult to watch. Something needs to be done, its obvious that the UN observers and sanctions are doing little to deter Assad.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10195838
as i said AID ships, not war ships ... they can sing for the devil to come and smite all infadels for all i care that doesnt refute the point..

The 'aid' designation is highly questionable, as they rejected the several already-available channels to bring goods to Gaza in favour of making a political statement, but I was more addressing this:

they were hardly islamic extremists by any stretch of imagination
Reply 33
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
The 'aid' designation is highly questionable, as they rejected the several already-available channels to bring goods to Gaza in favour of making a political statement, but I was more addressing this:

i think having a hatred for the israelis and being an islamic extremeist are two very different things, considering their cause its understandable that they hold the israelis in distain

as for the point about the availible channels, would these be the ones that prohibit near as damnit everything bar food and water? theyre not even aloud to bring in construction materials to rebuild the buildings that have been bombed to hell and back..
i think having a hatred for the israelis and being an islamic extremeist are two very different things, considering their cause its understandable that they hold the israelis in distain

as for the point about the availible channels, would these be the ones that prohibit near as damnit everything bar food and water? theyre not even aloud to bring in construction materials to rebuild the buildings that have been bombed to hell and back..

even leaving aside the fact that the anti-israeli cause, never mind the anti-jewish cause, is illegitimate, if you can't see the islamic extremism in singing songs about the army of mohammed coming to conquer the jews, and wishing for martyrdom, i don't know what would convince you.

and i think you need to look up what the actual israeli restrictions were, never mind the fact that they were offered the chance to go by land through egypt, and never even have to deal with any of those nasty jews

It's not 'a daily occurrence' that stuff like this happens, and if it was, it doesnt make it anymore acceptable.

Secondly, 'Arabs' are many people and many nations, some of which have been affected by wars recently, but that's no reason to assume that their neighbours were picking up weapons and joining in for the hell of it. Before all this, Syria was an entirely peaceful country (barring the 1982 Hama massacre, but that was done quickly and insularly within the city, with virtually no-one reporting it - it didn't affect the nation at large). It was more of a stranger to the odd bomb than let's say, ooh, Ireland.
Maybe Assad is a tyrant, but as long as no one was making any noise in opposition to him, it was a safe and ordinary country. Just becasue no one here had heard of Syria in times of peace, doesn't mean it's in the constant state of violence that we see now it is making headlines.

Thirdly, 'arabs killing other arabs' - don't know if you noticed but those were kids with their heads blown to bits there. I hardly think it was their idea to end up this way. It's not a war when the helpless and the innocent are targeted - it's a bloody massacre - murder. Don't for a second think that the adults handling those dead bodies, or the families of those kids don't feel outraged and heartbroken, because they're used to it, or it's just part of their 'violent culture'.

The attitude some people have sickens me. 'It's their problem', 'they're to blame', 'they're arabs and they hate us so they deserve it'.

I understand that no one has connections to Syria (let's face it, that's why no one cares, no economic interest, no cultural or personal ties) but it just goes to show that even human compassion is ultimately selfish.
(edited 11 years ago)
Why do people complain when the UN intervenes and then complain when they don't intervene? Other than that, I feel sorry for the families of those children. It is disgusting. I hope the people get their justice.
Reply 37
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
This has been a habit of humans since before we were properly humans, probably long before. It's not a matter of killing our children, which would be odd indeed, but of killing children from a rival group. This was the norm throughout the entirety of human history and is even observed among chimpanzees.

That's the entire problem. When we see others as less than human, we're going to end up treating them that way.
Reply 38
though good humanity says this is awful, i don't see why it's our concern. We're too involved in foreign conflicts, seldom of which don't affect us.
This happens when the worst person among the people become their leader - kinda like Satan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending