The Student Room Group

MEI M1 exam discussion - Friday 1st June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by xiyangliu
What value did u use ?? 9.81 ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i didnt use G what so ever. my forces were mass*sin(a) thats it. i forgot 9.8 in my working and got wrong answers
Reply 81
Original post by dark sage
i didnt use G what so ever. my forces were mass*sin(a) thats it. i forgot 9.8 in my working and got wrong answers

What !?!!!!! How ..... I dnt knw. I am not sure. U might get the method mark .....

Reply 82
I didn't knw what they were asking.. But resultant force should be 0 cuz they told u that the block was in equailibrium . Therefore no resultant force.

that sounds right actually, didnt think of that
Reply 83
What !?!!!!! How ..... I dnt knw. I am not sure. U might get the method mark .....

i am so confused right now, of all the silly mistakes i could had done i made this one
Reply 84
i am so confused right now, of all the silly mistakes i could had done i made this one

Dear.. Dnt kick yourself over it.. Get ready for your next exam.. What's done is done (is it Macbeth?) good luck to your rest exams :smile:

Original post by jbarnor
that sounds right actually, didnt think of that

Not 100% sure but it was a 2 mark question so there should be some maths in it. But besides that I think the question was worded "what is the resultant force from the floor". Its only the resultant force on the body that was zero, the floor still had to supply the Friction and the Reaction to keep the block in equilibrium?

Ugh i did the same thing, i used 800000 * (1/80) for the weight down the slope. This meant i got the acceleration in the wrong direction too =-(. Thankfully the rest of the paper was okay.
Original post by pratstercs
Well, that was awful. Damn mechanics

This. M1 was quite possibly the most boring exam I've had to prepare for this year.
Reply 88
Original post by JumpingFrog
Not 100% sure but it was a 2 mark question so there should be some maths in it. But besides that I think the question was worded "what is the resultant force from the floor". Its only the resultant force on the body that was zero, the floor still had to supply the Friction and the Reaction to keep the block in equilibrium?

true, i dont remember exactly how it was worded, but i just presumed it meant all the forces from the floor on the block, sometimes when its worded weird they give you a mark if you fall into the trap and do it wrong haha
Reply 89
Original post by JumpingFrog

Hm... I dnt think I got that right anyway. The question was weird

Bump
Reply 91
That was bloody awful! :frown:
Reply 92
any ideas on grade boundaries and what did people get for the last part of the last question
Reply 93
Original post by nju
any ideas on grade boundaries and what did people get for the last part of the last question

4 km

Reply 94
What did people get for the boat race where you had to plot the graph??
Really downed by this exam. I did reasonably in the past papers but this just took me out completely. I was hoping for a 15 mark section on projectiles or something but we only got 7 marks for it. The last questions with the boat races were awful and so were the questions with the 17 trucks or something. Nasty exam. Well at least for me anyway, others may have liked it.
Reply 96
i hope 55 ish is an A :/
how did everyone find it ?
i didnt like it one bit
Reply 97
I actually quite liked it, I was glad there wasn't anything with loads of pulleys and weights. I think the locomotive question was fine once you'd realised you had to convert from tonnes into kg, my friend forgot and got acceleration as like 100 ms^-2 :L

I definitely found it more wordy than the past papers I've done though, what with applying a 0 resultant to a situation with a particle and hiker etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Just Josh
Really downed by this exam. I did reasonably in the past papers but this just took me out completely. I was hoping for a 15 mark section on projectiles or something but we only got 7 marks for it. The last questions with the boat races were awful and so were the questions with the 17 trucks or something. Nasty exam. Well at least for me anyway, others may have liked it.

I agree, I think that the truck question had numbers that were far too big to deal with, and the boat race question was very unusual.
Reply 99
Hi I know this is off topic but in January I did C3 and the mark I got in the results does it include the coursework mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending