The Student Room Group

Dentistry at UEM, Valencia

Scroll to see replies

Guys I'm interested in applying for 2013... What agency did you lot apply to?
Could I have website links pleaseee

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Hi there, have any of you's got a phone number for the agency. Can't see it on their website and got some urgent questions
What questions you got? Email rohit Patel

Reply 23
All their details are clearly on their website
Reply 24
Same questions as Ilyas94

There are clearly some stooges on here. There completely transparent and dont get fooled by them. If your a real student then we need to get in contact with people that are already there.

Were all going to be new so we need to speak to others
How we gonna get in contact with them?? Unless we go to Spain

Original post by Zach7
Same questions as Ilyas94

There are clearly some stooges on here. There completely transparent and dont get fooled by them. If your a real student then we need to get in contact with people that are already there.

Were all going to be new so we need to speak to others

How we gonna get in contact with people? Unless we go Spain?

Reply 27
The start date for the course in 26th september and I went through gdc-spain. Hope this helps.
Yeah I think everybody has gone through GDC Spain agency

Reply 29
Original post by suzzyp123
It was really good! Went to check out the Dental school where we have classes and practical work, everything is modern, the whole building itself is only one years old! I haven't learnt Spanish before either but we get taught it alongside Dentistry so we that can communicate with patients in the fourth year, so shouldn't be too bad.. Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?

Hi,

I have just recieved an offer from UEM..but have not yet confirmed..My only worry about studying abroad is post-graduation, will we be at a disadvantage upon looking for a job compared to students who have studied in the UK?

I have also recieved an offer from UCH, and was wondering which is "better" between UCH and UEM? My choice would be to go to UEM as its cheaper and located more central..quality of education seems the same at these 2 unis

Any comments would be much appreciated as I haven't been to valencia to visit the universities, I'm a little worried about going there blindly:confused:
Reply 30
Hello there,
I'm looking now to apply for this uni,
do you guys think its too late and places are gone?
Reply 31
No it's not too late I think the end date to apply is 30th September which is weird A's the start date is the 26th :/
Reply 32
Thought I'd let you guys know that their is a facebook group of British people going to study dentistry at UEM on 26th September. Here's the link if you wish to join - http://www.facebook.com/groups/385250798200923/
Original post by Dhill94
Thought I'd let you guys know that their is a facebook group of British people going to study dentistry at UEM on 26th September. Here's the link if you wish to join - http://www.facebook.com/groups/385250798200923/

Thanks for letting us know!! Btw I'm going to be applying in September just waiting for AS results.. 3 days left 😓

Reply 34
I have recieved an email from a respective student who was researching the validity of the UEM dental course in Valencia and having done some follow up research I myself am a little confused which I was hoping anyone from this forum could either concur or dispute the claim to the recognition of the UEM dental course in the UK.

The email sent to me is as follow:
------------------------------------
Okay so last week I checked and the GDC sent me a email saying "check this attachment".. The attachment had a list of EEA qualifications that they consider. So I looked at Spain and it said

"Título de Licenciado en
Odontología". Now rohit Patel send me a email saying after you have finished your degree at UEM you gain "Grado en Odontologia"

Now these are two different names so I contacted GDC and they said that there records are correct and that "Grado en Odontologia" will NOT be accepted!

So I was kinda worried now and contacted rohit Patel he has got back to me and this is what he says:

The degree awarded is Grado en Odontologia the title for this degree before was Titulo de Licenciado en Odontologia. Titulo de Licenciado en Odontologia is still recognised by the GDC UK, however this does not exist anymore and the GDC UK have not updated their records to reflect this change. My company together with a leading UK Dental surgeon ( whose son is coming to UEM Valencia ) and UEM, are currently in the process of getting the GDC UK, to amend their records accordingly.
You can practice with this degree in all European countries, subject to registration with the relevant body in that country, this governed by the Bologna agreement.
Should you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me.

--------------------------------
I have emailed the gdc Spanish equivalent and asked relevant questions and I am now going to ring them to get a definite answer as to the validity of the course. I understand the concept that any degree studied in the EU allows for practise in the UK but if the awarding qualification isn't recognised by the GDC then having spent so much money and time we will all be facing a serious situation.

Please respond and tell me your thoughts on this.
Reply 35
Oh that doesn't sound to good. Can you please keep us updated yaskmink6 on what they tell you. Because I'm looking to apply for 2013

Reply 36
I definitely will.
Hello,

Have any of you registered for dentistry at UEM in Sept 2013, through Rohit Patel? I am a bit worried as have paid him the fees required, and not had the admissions letter from UEM. After sending the payments to UEM and GDC i received a copy of the email below,

Dear Jesus, For your information. please send an admissions letter, upon receiving the fees. Kind regards, Rohit

But haven't heard anything for almost three weeks, I am probs
just stressing about nothing, but wanted to check!

Cheers :smile:
Reply 38
You applied for 2013 already? I'm waiting till my AS results and will probably apply sometime in September :smile:

Hey guys I might be interested in aplpying for 2013 entry, when should I apply? Also, I'm an A2 candidate waiting on their final exam results as a pose to an AS candidate, but I am predicted A*AA so would I still be eligible for the course? And is the course accepted by the GDC or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending