Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

2013 Entry Senior Status LLB

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm applying for the affiliated LLB at Queen Mary (they usually ask for a 2.1) in the net UCAS cycle, and looking to move onto the BVC after. I've got a few questions about my chances.

I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of a non-law (Film Studies) degree at Kingston University. I passed with a 1st last year and it's looking the same for my second year marks.

Although I got high GCSE results, my A-Levels are embarrassingly bad, leaving me with a CDE set of results to work with.

Compensating them, I've been a regular mooter in both high school and Uni (competing in a few national tournaments) and have a near perfect run of 1sts during the last two years of university.

I'm applying for my first batch of work experience over this summer before I apply for Queen Mary. Assuming I get a week or two in a local firm, how do the devilishly handsome browsers of the Student Room rate my chances of a successful application to the LLB?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking at a first when you graduate from Kingston I think that's all to the good – it does at least show that you are working hard to rectify the problems of your A-Levels / GCSEs.

UCAS doesn't let you put your university grades by year down – just your overall degree mark which can either be predicted or confirmed.

I think you have a fairly good chance – it might be worth contacting Jeremy Luz, the admissions officer, who's very friendly.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratex)
    Hello,

I'm applying for the affiliated LLB at Queen Mary (they usually ask for a 2.1) in the net UCAS cycle, and looking to move onto the BVC after. I've got a few questions about my chances.

I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of a non-law (Film Studies) degree at Kingston University. I passed with a 1st last year and it's looking the same for my second year marks.

Although I got high GCSE results, my A-Levels are embarrassingly bad, leaving me with a CDE set of results to work with.

Compensating them, I've been a regular mooter in both high school and Uni (competing in a few national tournaments) and have a near perfect run of 1sts during the last two years of university.

I'm applying for my first batch of work experience over this summer before I apply for Queen Mary. Assuming I get a week or two in a local firm, how do the devilishly handsome browsers of the Student Room rate my chances of a successful application to the LLB?
    As above, email them see what they say.

Just for the future when applying to firms make sure you avoid any with A Level filters (on their website it will say something along the lines of AAB or ABB), because otherwise you might end up spending a long time filling in an application form only for it to be be binned by the system without a human being ever seeing it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.