The Student Room Group

Wash with sponge?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Even if im late to school id count creaming a necessity

When you're scrolling through and this is the only line you read = :s-smilie:
Reply 41
Original post by whyumadtho
Then why did you suggest it is old and dirty? :confused: It will be clean providing it is rinsed thoroughly.

Don't forget you're talking to a guy who, according to a thread he made, lives primarily on garlic bread and cereal. Take from that what you will.
Original post by TheSownRose
When you're scrolling through and this is the only line you read = :s-smilie:

Hahaha :rofl:
Original post by ROYP
Don't forget you're talking to a guy who, according to a thread he made, lives primarily on garlic bread and cereal. Take from that what you will.

LOL I remember that thread! He tried to defend it, as well XD

On topic: I used to use a sponge, but they have slowly been phased out of my house, so my hands suffice.
Then why did you suggest it is old and dirty? :confused: It will be clean providing it is rinsed thoroughly.

Water doesn't clean things because only soap can get rid of bacteria.
Reply 45
I've always used a sponge or flannel
I never liked puffs, I don't think they do a good job. Mostly i use my hands but sometimes I use one of these:
Flannels are okay as long as you wash them every day; if you used a sponge you'd have to throw it away. Unless you're really grubby just using your hands is fine though
Reply 48
I normally use my hands. It's a lot easier imo.
Original post by Dalek1099
Water doesn't clean things because only soap can get rid of bacteria.
People don't only wash themselves with water. :lolwut: The flannel is covered in soap and is rinsed afterwards, which means the existing soap will clean it.
People don't only wash themselves with water. :lolwut: The flannel is covered in soap and is rinsed afterwards, which means the existing soap will clean it.

The flannel will then get covered in loads of bacteria and you often don't end up covering the whole flannel,with soap and this means that as soon as it is rinsed they can just reproduce all over the flannel and washing with water doesn't clean things,unfortunately.It is definitely not more hygienic to wash with a sponge and probably more hygienic to wash without a flannel.
Original post by Dalek1099
The flannel will then get covered in loads of bacteria and you often don't end up covering the whole flannel,with soap and this means that as soon as it is rinsed they can just reproduce all over the flannel and washing with water doesn't clean things,unfortunately.It is definitely not more hygienic to wash with a sponge and probably more hygienic to wash without a flannel.
Yes, you do. :erm: The soap lathers and covers the entire flannel.

It depends on what constitutes 'hygiene'. Hands are less effective at removing dead skin than more abrasive objects like flannels and sponges, so I consider the former to be less hygienic than the latter.
Reply 52
Original post by Palatial Veranda
I use one of these

LCGT0003.jpg

Good exfoliator

LMFAO =')
Reply 53
Which part do people wash first when they get in the shower? With me, it's the belly and then moving up under the armpits. Thoughts? This is a pretty important issue to my mind, maybe even more than the sponge or flannel.
Reply 54
I use a Moroccan kessa, extremely good for removing dead skin!
Reply 55
I use my hands, unless i'm shaving afterwards in which case i'll use my flannel aswell.
Reply 56
I wash with my hand but every week I exfoliate to get the dead skin off
washing with a sponge?! lol wtf?

hand is all you need.
I use a shower puff thing, it makes my skin nice and soft.
Reply 59
Original post by JuggerJay
I use this Plastic_Scourer.jpg
It's not as tough as it looks and just makes me feel cleaner than anything else would imo. I've used it since ever *shrugs*

They are for washing dishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending