The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbseh
Probably a mistake yeah :smile:

Awesome! My order of favourites is physics-chemistry (equal), maths, further maths and then biology. I do like biology but I don't think I'll have a driving love for it at A Level which I'm doubting :frown:

Haha, I'm sure you'll still do well, I hope you change your mind! Biology is really intresting, but yeah, you'll still do well so no worries. Aslong as you have some subjects you like :wink:
Original post by iwishtheskywaspink
In my school you do, yuck. You should do it anyway, even if you don't need to- apparently it can be helpful :smile:

Ugh. That is saddening. I have had mixed response to that question.
I would quite like to do English instead of maths, but hey ho. Maybe I will talk to my physics teacher, see what he thinks.
Reply 342
Name: Mill13
GCSEs (Subjects): Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths, Eng Lit, Eng Lang, RE, Economics, French, Art, History
Predictions: A/A*s
A-Levels: Maths, FMaths, Economics, Physics, History
Results:

:smile:
Reply 343
Original post by EvilAligator
I glanced at astrophysics, saw the gargantuan maths requirements and ran screaming from the website XD DON'T WORRY PHYSICS, I STILL LOVE YOU
Oohh niiice, didn't know you could go straight for a Masters... Which uni you looking at?

Ahaha, I'm worried about the maths but I do love it so much so I hope that gives me drive :smile:
Yes you can, I'm pretty sure you can anyway. Definitely in Scotland but in my Uni possibilities the option is there for undergrad so...!
I'm looking at Oxford, St Andrews, Manchester, possibly Liverpool and another I'm unsure of :smile: Yours?
Name: lucasluke
GCSEs (Subjects): Maths, English Lit, English Lang, P.E, French, Media Studies, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Religious Studies
Predictions: 6 B's, 2 A's, 4 C's
A-Levels: English Language, Geography, Chemistry and Biology
Results:
Reply 345
Original post by Agdsten
Nice :smile: What was your exam question?

Yep, and they have to explain EXACTLY what you need. Ideally I would have had extra time and a laptop/scribe :/

Yeah I was worried I was going to only just manage to scrape Bs in German and Maths too, but I've estimated my maths from the answers posted on TSR and I'm pretty sure I hit a B, maybe an A if I'm lucky! Everyone says oh art doesn't matter but it ruins how my other grades look :/ Don't want that to be the reason I can't get into a top uni..

Ordinary and/or Extraordinary. Which is everything basically, no-one was really sure if it was a good or bad thing because although everything can be pretty much linked to it, it's quite hard to make it obvious. What about you?

Yeah exactly, I don't want to take Art next year or at uni or anything so everyone says well it's just a GCSE and you're not studying it next year so it doesn't matter. I was worried about Geography and English Lang being B's but the exams went better than my mocks, so hopefully...

What did you say you were taking next year for A-Levels?
Original post by j3n8038
Ordinary and/or Extraordinary. Which is everything basically, no-one was really sure if it was a good or bad thing because although everything can be pretty much linked to it, it's quite hard to make it obvious. What about you?

Yeah exactly, I don't want to take Art next year or at uni or anything so everyone says well it's just a GCSE and you're not studying it next year so it doesn't matter. I was worried about Geography and English Lang being B's but the exams went better than my mocks, so hopefully...

What did you say you were taking next year for A-Levels?

I had that theme for my photography... Edexcel? I ended up doing three final pieces progressing into extraordinary ess... :P
Reply 347
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I had that theme for my photography... Edexcel? I ended up doing three final pieces progressing into extraordinary ess... :P

Yep I did Edexcel! How did you find the exam? Confident it went well?
Name: prettygeek
Subjects: Maths, English Language, Literature, Triple Science, History, Music, Drama, French, RS, IT, Textiles.
Predictions: 4A*s and the rest As+ Distinctions, (my school is ridiculously prudent about predicting A*'s, only a few circumstances are allowed)
Hoping for: 9A*s, 2As and 2 Distinctions,
Already Achieved: Music (A) English Language (A*)
A levels: English Lit, French, History, Music
Results: TBC :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by j3n8038
Yep I did Edexcel! How did you find the exam? Confident it went well?

Hopefully an A because A* is like 97% -.- how about you?
Hopefully an A because A* is like 97% -.- how about you?

Ooh I did art :smile: I'm hoping for an A( my average for the coursework was 90% so I'm hoping the final didn't bring it down). Yeah the boundary is ridiculous! Any other subject boundary, I would be on A* :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tamil4
Ooh I did art :smile: I'm hoping for an A( my average for the coursework was 90% so I'm hoping the final didn't bring it down). Yeah the boundary is ridiculous! Any other subject boundary, I would be on A* :frown:

I'm in the midst of Art but I've done my Photography GCSE, I'm hoping my coursework is about 75/80 raw marks or more and my.final piece I'm hoping the same :frown: any tips?
I'm in the midst of Art but I've done my Photography GCSE, I'm hoping my coursework is about 75/80 raw marks or more and my.final piece I'm hoping the same :frown: any tips?

Oh right okay, was photography good? We didn't have the option of it. You're year 10 then right? I'd say to just get on with work and don't procrastinate(I did that a lot!) and if you ever have spare time, use it for art! Arts pretty good in terms of you get what you put in so work hard because the last thing you want at the end of the course is to be regretting how much time you wasted over 2 years. Also enjoy it as much as possible, it really shows in your work if you are enthusiastic :smile:

Reply 353
Why are the results coming sooo late? :frown:
Normally, aren't they released around the 14th of August?
Anyone else getting 14.5+ GCSE's? I have seen loads of people are getting around 10, and I was just wondering if anyone was doing 14.5 like me? I don't know if it is just my school which is making us do more than the average. However, I was just shocked at seeing not many people do above 13. I have to admit, doing this many is rather challenging. I would say that doing around 12 would have been much more manageable.
Original post by J.Cheshire
Anyone else getting 14.5+ GCSE's? I have seen loads of people are getting around 10, and I was just wondering if anyone was doing 14.5 like me? I don't know if it is just my school which is making us do more than the average. However, I was just shocked at seeing not many people do above 13. I have to admit, doing this many is rather challenging. I would say that doing around 12 would have been much more manageable.

I'm doing 10.5 actual GCSEs, as well as 6 GCSE Equivalents (Sounds like loads but ICT gives me equivalent of 4)
Original post by PrinceUpsb
I'm doing 10.5 actual GCSEs, as well as 6 GCSE Equivalents (Sounds like loads but ICT gives me equivalent of 4)

so 16.5 GCSEs-quite a lot although,I will probably end up with 16 and at least 15.
Original post by Dalek1099
so 16.5 GCSEs-quite a lot although,I will probably end up with 16 and at least 15.

Yeah when I say it like that 16.5 does sound an awful lot. Bare in mind its 6 Equivalents, which many people don't count as GCSEs
Reply 358
Original post by J.Cheshire

I do 12 and it's bearable :smile:
Reply 359
Original post by Konflict
Why are the results coming sooo late? :frown:
Normally, aren't they released around the 14th of August?

A Level results are normally released then, GCSE are a week later :smile:

Latest