Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official GCSE Results Day Thread 2012! Mark I (August 23rd)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is not predicted A*'s and just hopes for a's, B's, and C's? LOL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Name: R583
    Gcses: Maths, double science, double english, double latin, art, history, r.e and french
    Predictions: 8 A*, 2A and 1 C (in french..wahhhh)
    Results: 1A for core science

Btw i'm new, so hey everyone and good luck for results day :awesome:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my results I am predicted to get 6A*'s 7A's and 2 B's, 1 of the A*'s and 2 of the A's are half GCSE's, so that's basically 5A*'s 5A's and 2 B's, 12 whole GCSE's.

People I know in other schools are doing 7 GCSE's (almost half of what I have done.) One person I know has 7A*'s - she is in the year above me at a different school - always is patronising towards me because she got 100% A*'s.

If I try my hardest and do get these grades I am predicted (I probably won't) surely isn't it better as it shows that I can still cope reasonably well under stress.?!?

Any way thank you, and I hope she doesn't find this. :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Name: Pali

GCSE's: English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Sociology, Photography, Health & Social Care, Statistics

Predictions: A, A, A, A*, A*, A, A, A*, A*, A*, A*

Results: Maths - A Photography - A

A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Psychology

Future Plans: Medicine/Pharmacy at University

Is anyone else planning to do medicine or pharmacy?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gh
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy-Turtle)
    Name: Happy-Turtle

GCSEs (Subjects): Triple Science, English Lang+Lit, Sociology, Business Studies, RS- Philosophy, Citizenship, Spanish, Maths, Turkish (GCSE and AS)

Predictions: 6A*, 3A (and B for AS Turkish)

A-Levels: Economics, Maths, FM AS, Spanish, Psychology (I plan to drop this after Year 12), A2 Turkish (Did AS this year)

Results so far: Maths- A, English Language- A*, Turkish (GCSE) A* - Not listing units

edit: why the neg? :O
    Wow, you are doing really well, and you are doing similar subjects to me next year (I am doing GCSE French - i hope to do french), are you turkish or something? i can speak it a little, in fact my language (persian) is quite similar so i may do a as exam for it too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Name : Sam
    GCSE's : English Literature,English Language,French,Geography,R.S,P. E,Maths,History,Catering,Physics ,Chemistry,Biology,I.C.T
    Predictions:6A*,3A,3B and a Merit
    Results:B,French---Merit,I.C.T
    A Level:Maths,History,Biology,Phys ics

Hopefully the predictions are right,it would be amazing to better them. Good luck to all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm no year 11, but I had my last one today. Waiting till August? Pain.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    *****Yeh, how are the results presented????????? All on one page or loads of rows saying what you got in the individual exams and then your overall result etc?******
    HELP PLEASE.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbseh)
    Ahaha, I'm worried about the maths but I do love it so much so I hope that gives me drive
    Yes you can, I'm pretty sure you can anyway. Definitely in Scotland but in my Uni possibilities the option is there for undergrad so...!
    I'm looking at Oxford, St Andrews, Manchester, possibly Liverpool and another I'm unsure of Yours?
    Oooohh wow! Nice uni choices right there. I am looking at Oxford and UCL at the moment, but I might be being a tad bigheaded and I will end up as a dropout working in McDonalds XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A193)
    Wow, you are doing really well, and you are doing similar subjects to me next year (I am doing GCSE French - i hope to do french), are you turkish or something? i can speak it a little, in fact my language (persian) is quite similar so i may do a as exam for it too.
    Thank you and yes, I am Turkish
    AS is a big step up from GCSE (for languages), and timing yourself is critical; I ran out of time in the AS Turkish exam, but I still think I secured at least 75% of marks.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should all come to the Current year 11 thread
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camibabi345)
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves now. A is still good, b and cs are average.
    At least those who hope, tried their best.

Anyways the exams are finally over today!!!
    I can relax now...
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got almost 2 months to worry about GCSE results now. Last exam today, thank God!!!!!
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starrstruck)
    Got almost 2 months to worry about GCSE results now. Last exam today, thank God!!!!!
    Me too and I'm so pleased but now the full on waiting begins,you only really start waiting properly once all the exams have finished,which is lucky because I have had exams as far back as 15th May
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Name : Smko
    GCSE's : English Literature,English Language,German,Geography,Histor y, Maths, stats, bio, chemi, physics, ICT
    Predictions:9A*, 2A
    Results: Maths (A*)

Probably wont get them ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camibabi345)
    How is that funny? I am not predicted any A*s, only A's and B's. I dont pay for education, I go to a crappy state school, and to be honest, I am dam glad my parents dont have the money! Wouldn't want to end up like something similar to you who laughs at people who have a worse education. Grades aren't everything in this world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: English Lit, Eng Lang, Maths, Chem, Bio, Phy, ICT, History, Geog, French, German, Citizenship (half)

Predicted: 11.5 A*s

Results: Maths A*, Mandarin A* (extra)

AS: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Modern History

I came out of the Nazi Germany Edexcel A paper today and just now I cried thinking back to it. If anyone took this exam I would love to go through some answers of what you put. Thank you
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parente)
    How is that funny? I am not predicted any A*s, only A's and B's. I dont pay for education, I go to a crappy state school, and to be honest, I am dam glad my parents dont have the money! Wouldn't want to end up like something similar to you who laughs at people who have a worse education. Grades aren't everything in this world.
    I think s/he is looking for someone else in a similar situation, s/he's not mocking you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerd434)
    I think s/he is looking for someone else in a similar situation, s/he's not mocking you.
    I thought that too, but it doesnt get across in that way with other people too
Updated: November 10, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.