Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found an iPhone. Where should I hand it in?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's locked so I can't access the phonebook and search for someone to call and let them know I have it.

It's on the Orange network, I was thinking of handing it in the an Orange shop, but what if the sales assistant doesn't find out who it is and ends up keeping it.

It currently has a 44% battery life, so I'm hoping I can get it to the right owner soon.

And no, I don't want to keep it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Managed to access voice control to ring a parent who will let his son know I have the phone and arrange a meet up. Thanks for all your help.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Try taking out the micro-sim and insert it into an appropriate phone to see if there any contacts on the sim.

If you have no luck, hand it into a police station.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    you could hand it in to the police station. No questions asked.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    thats mine, ill pm u my location, dnt worry ill pay for the stamp

edit
    have you sent it yet? starting to think uve just stolen my phone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave it switched on and wait for someone to call it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you answer phone calls on it, without knowing the pin? You could keep it for a night, and wait for someone to call it, if no one calls, i would hand it into the police station
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    Try taking out the micro-sim and insert it into an appropriate phone to see if there any contacts on the sim.

If you have no luck, hand it into a police station.
    You have to take out the screws using a mini screwdriver to open the case, I don't have access to that at the moment.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Take it to the police station. They will keep an eye on it and make sure it gets returned to the correct owner where possible.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    if it has siri hold down the button and say "call in case of emergency contact" or "call home" or "call mum"
    thats probably your best way if it has that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbottle)
    You have to take out the screws using a mini screwdriver to open the case, I don't have access to that at the moment.
    no you don't, if it's the 3gs you can use a paper clip to push in the pin at the top of the phone that is in between the earphone jack and the lock button, if it is the 4 or 4s you do the same but it's on the right hand side on its own, if it is the 3gs it is just a normal sim, hope you get it back to the right owner
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutty_Psychologist)
    if it has siri hold down the button and say "call in case of emergency contact" or "call home" or "call mum"
    Thanks for letting me know, I tried it and called his Dad. He said he'll ring his son and arrange a meet up. Apparently it's not the first time this has happened with him, and said he should be lucky that someone actually rang to say it's been found.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This, you can do it even if it doesn't have Siri, just hold down the circle button and a blue screen will pop up. Talk in to it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbottle)
    Thanks for letting me know, I tried it and called his Dad. He said he'll ring his son and arrange a meet up. Apparently it's not the first time this has happened with him, and said he should be lucky that someone actually rang to say it's been found.
    Fantastic!!
    Finally Siri is actually useful, my brother's siri is useless lol
    Your a good person, many wouldn't of done
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say try Siri but looks like I was too slow! Just wanted to say well done for being honest. Far too many people would have just kept the phone!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good job you managed to contact his dad! Normally, handing into the police station can only do so much - isn't there a rule where if it isn't claimed within 30 days, the person who handed it in can keep it?

I remember my Grandad found a bag of cannabis whilst he was doing his job, keeping Portsmouth's garden looking good - and he handed it to the police, and they said if no-one claims it in 30 days, he can have it! :laugh:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    eBay or gumtree should do the trick
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic!!
    Finally Siri is actually useful, my brother's siri is useless lol
    Your a good person, many wouldn't of done
    I have a friend who has Siri and a speech impediment. :rofl: That is hilarious to listen to.

OP: Glad you got it sorted.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monster Mnch)
    Good job you managed to contact his dad! Normally, handing into the police station can only do so much - isn't there a rule where if it isn't claimed within 30 days, the person who handed it in can keep it?

I remember my Grandad found a bag of cannabis whilst he was doing his job, keeping Portsmouth's garden looking good - and he handed it to the police, and they said if no-one claims it in 30 days, he can have it! :laugh:
    My ex's dad is a landlord, came to check on some of the houses uninvited and found a mini-cannabis farm in one of the attics. Rang the police, they said they couldn't be bothered to go out so he could do whatever with it. He got rid of all of it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I have a friend who has Siri and a speech impediment. :rofl: That is hilarious to listen to.

OP: Glad you got it sorted.
    Do you watch big bang theory?
    Immediately I thought of Barry Cripcky when he tried to use Raj's Iphone and he was like "why is this not working" :facepalm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Take it to the Police station

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.