Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Those who were delivered by c section.... are you overweight?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How valid/true would you say this is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18173273

They say that adults who were not breastfed have an higher risk of being obese too. I wasnt breastfed and was delivered by c section and im not overweight Im wondering if i should have been thinner looking at this though:confused:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The reason babies born by c section are more likely to be overweight is because overweight women are more likely to have a c section and if your mum's overweight, you are more likely to be.
    Similarly, more middle class people breastfeed than working class, and middle class people are less likely to be overweight, and hense their children are less likely to be overweight.
    So I think it's all rubbish.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I was born by c section cos my heart beat was slowing down.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izpenguin)
    The reason babies born by c section are more likely to be overweight is because overweight women are more likely to have a c section and if your mum's overweight, you are more likely to be.
    Similarly, more middle class people breastfeed than working class, and middle class people are less likely to be overweight, and hense their children are less likely to be overweight.
    So I think it's all rubbish.
    ok, my mum is overweight, not much but flabby with cellulite but she doesnt really exercise. She was slimmer than me at my age even though she didnt exercise but put on middle age spread as they say. I work out a lot and am wndering am i doomed to put on the same stomach flab and cellulite even though im physically active a lot.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fatties have babies who they then turn into fatties too. Mystery solved.
    Wheres my sherlock cap?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nope, both me and my sister were delivered by c section due to complications with my sister's birth and my mum was then too worried to go through it again with me. My sister is one of the skinniest people I know too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was born by C-section and not breast-fed either....I am deffo not what you would consider obese....but my mum has struggled to lose the baby weight even after 20 years...but i guess you could put that down to old age!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lil' overweight, but only since I started eating what I felt like eating. Uni this year so that's obviously not gonna happen a whole lot longer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawragee)
    Nope, both me and my sister were delivered by c section due to complications with my sister's birth and my mum was then too worried to go through it again with me. My sister is one of the skinniest people I know too.
    was she breastfed thoughhuman milk (rather than formula) is supposed to help prevent obesity.

It all seems to lack common sense this research like people are saying but then its supposed to have been done by professionals.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was born by c-section and I'm of average build.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almosttrue)
    was she breastfed thoughhuman milk (rather than formula) is supposed to help prevent obesity.

It all seems to lack common sense this research like people are saying but then its supposed to have been done by professionals.
    We were breastfed, but I think we also might be quite slim because of our height (she's 5"11 and I'm 5"9), and our mum was quite an average size (she's a 10/12 maybe?).
    I know, but there does seem to be a link between overweight mums having a c section, as if they're overweight it means their children could be too, and they also may pass on unhealthy eating habits to their children?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was C-section but that was because I was breached, and had a twisted spine.

I put my belly down to just loving food

haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    How valid/true would you say this is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18173273

They say that adults who were not breastfed have an higher risk of being obese too. I wasnt breastfed and was delivered by c section and im not overweight Im wondering if i should have been thinner looking at this though:confused:
    Some studies have also shown those not breastfed have a lower IQ.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Those who overeat and underexercise, are you overweight?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok, my mum is overweight, not much but flabby with cellulite but she doesnt really exercise. She was slimmer than me at my age even though she didnt exercise but put on middle age spread as they say. I work out a lot and am wndering am i doomed to put on the same stomach flab and cellulite even though im physically active a lot.
    Cellulite affects the majority of women, regardless of how fit you are. You're not alone!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was delivered by c-section because I was 12 days late. I wouldn't say I'm overweight, just 'average'
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    C-section and not breastfed, I'm unfit tbh but I'm 9st 2lbs, so no not overweight.

But then I was a pretty small baby, 3lbs and 15cm long. That's what you get when some guy with gloves suddenly comes and drags you out of your nice home 10 weeks early..:rolleyes: . In fairness I was small for a 30 week baby as it was since the C-section was illness related.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm not overweight, I'm under tall. Actually I'm only overweight by about a stone, but too lazy to do anything about it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was late and delivered by c section I've never been over weight. I also had a hole in my heart.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was c-section (emergancy) and not breast fed. I'm not over weight, I use to be though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.