The Student Room Group

Psychology PY2 WJEC

Hey guys! I've got a psychology exam on tuesday and i know nothing.. can someone help on which is the best and quickest way to revise, i have some knowledge but that's a bout it! Also what do you guys think will come up and what were the past questions for the py2 wjec jan 2012 paper? xxx
What I've done is find model answers for each of the essays and used them to create my own. ( We had a crap teacher so I've hardly got any notes, paha )
Though seeing as it's in 2 days, I think you should just go over the basics for each study and whatnot.

I also hope Gardner Procedures comes up.. or Rosenhan.. something to do with them. If Rahe comes up I will cry, haha. :ahee:
Reply 2
I've been told to look at Milgram.
Reply 3
i did this last year
what i did was some quick mindmaps outlining the most important information. and once your in the exam you can just expand on those points. trust me you know much more than you think you do :smile:

PY4 is double of PY2. stresss you'll be fine though, rahe is the worst one :/ never got it lol
does anyone have any ideas what studys will come up in the exam, from looking at past papers or whatever, its so much to learn, fed up of writing essays :frown:
Reply 5
You have no way to second guess this board, and my teacher has said that emphatically. You just have to learn it ALL. And the more you know, the better you will do :frown:
Is anyone else finding the alternative evidence absolutely impossible to remember: I only know it for Gardner & Milgram
Reply 7
Don't second guess anything, learn all the studies. Alternative evidence is awkward but don't waste time learning the names of researchers, as long as you have the basics of what they did and whether they support or contradict the results of the study is all that matters.
Reply 8
Original post by madders94
Don't second guess anything, learn all the studies. Alternative evidence is awkward but don't waste time learning the names of researchers, as long as you have the basics of what they did and whether they support or contradict the results of the study is all that matters.

This is good advice :3 I also found this website that does model answers for all the studies: www.spicystrawberry.wordpress.com

That might help? Good luck to everyone :P
Reply 9
Jan 12

Aims - Bennet
Procedure - Rosenhan
Findings - Loftus
Evaluate - Gibson
Evaulate - Buss
Alternative research - Asch

Hope it helps.
My prediction from looking at the past papers is that the possible quesions that could come up for section B for the methodology is; Rosenhan, gardner and gardner or Milgram, as these have not come up at all. I am not sure about section A, as anything would come up but my guess is that Gibson and walk and langar and rodin will come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending