Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holy Cross Sixth Form College?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone here on the TSR (besides one person who really helped me out about what they do in History, Maths and English Literature, you know who you are) goes to, is going to or has studied at Holy Cross Sixth Form College in Bury

Yes, I am going there in September and I have got the postcard about the New Student's Day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably gonna end up going to Holy Cross Sixth Form College xD.
    I'll also be going to the New Student's Day so maybe we'll see each other lol, hopefully i'll be taking Maths, Physics, History, English Lit and Computing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Somebody responded to this! Yeah, we could see each other (since you're doing Maths and History, I might be in English Lit, but on the reply slip I changed it to Further Maths). Hope the day's insightful. Yet, the only thing I'm thinking about is French and what stationary we need for September
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im in second year at holy cross. Just on study leave getting ready for first exam starting tommorow. I did maths chemistry biology and psychology in AS year then dropped maths for A2
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha:))
    Im in second year at holy cross. Just on study leave getting ready for first exam starting tommorow. I did maths chemistry biology and psychology in AS year then dropped maths for A2
    Cool! What universities are you considering going to if you don't mind me asking?

Also, good luck in your exams
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fool In The Rain)
    Cool! What universities are you considering going to if you don't mind me asking?

Also, good luck in your exams
    thank you. and hopefully Manchester to do Pharmacy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems good enough being top 10 and all that... I'm starting there in Sept. studying Maths, Physics, Computing and Media... Only real flaw is that it's compulsory to do Religious Studies and General Studies
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm at Holy Cross at the moment, just finished AS studying Biology Chemistry Physics and Music.
    Holy Cross is an amazing place, everyone here is genuinely nice and the teachers on the whole are great.
    A lot of people are put off by RE and general studies but they're actually not that bad. They're both one period a week, and are basically just a relaxing place to get to know your tutor group. As long as you know how to write an essay general studies exams are really easy and don't need revision. RE just involves writing a 500 word essay that, as long as you write in English is incredibly hard to fail.
    You also don't have to be very religous, as an atheist myself I was a little worried but there are a lot of different religions here and RE is taught as a discussion lesson where everyone's beliefs and opinions are valid. It's actually pretty good.
    Feel free to ask me anything and I'll try and answer :'))

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.