The Student Room Group

PGCE Physics Questions

Hi All

I have a PGCE Physics interview on Wednesday at the Uni. of Sussex. Was wondering if anyone had any pointers at all?

Also, I am currently a Postdoc scientist with a PhD in Biology and entering the teaching route via a PGCE in Physics as I cannot afford to train as a biology teacher. I was therefore wondering, if after the PGCE could I take my NQT year as a Biology teacher or would it have to be Physics? And if it has to be Physics, does anyone know of people who have switched subjects? I am not certain on which of the two I would finally like to teach but dont want to limit myself. The Uni. of Sussex has said this is not a problem but they would say this as they want people on their courses. Any help/advice would be great!

Many thanks
Darren
You can take your NQT year teaching French if you like.

The trouble is the demand for Physics teachers is high, Chemistry teachers quite high and Biology teachers not particularly high. Much of your time you will be teaching all three Sciences anyway. Once you have a job you can make the timetabler/Head of Science aware of where your preference lies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending