Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone who knows anything about wood?

Announcements Posted on
Let our uni choice search tool match you with your perfect university 19-11-2015
  1. Offline

2. Offline

So what you're saying is you want to get some wood ready for your mum?

Uh, the wood would need to be dried I think, and probably sanded.
  3. Offline

If the wood has been outside for years, there's a good chance it has stuff growing on it/living under it. Not to mention rain and moisture which has probably destroyed it. In summary, I don't think that wood would (:teehee:) be any good.

PS: It took every ounce of maturity within me to restrain myself from making an innuendo
  4. Offline

5. Offline

The wood would need to be dried, and sealed.

If it's a softwood you'd be best off sanding it to remove splinters, if it's hardwood you can get away without, especially if it's old and worn with age (which is sounds like). Quote me some pictures if you want

The problem is, if you've left it outside then it's probably been lying in damp conditions, unless you've had it somewhere under covers? Even then the moisture content may be too high for sealing, I'm not sure.
  6. Offline

I've got some wood for your mum.
  7. Offline

Get the curtain pole and bolt it vertical (floor to ceiling) in your parents bedroom.

That way your father can pole dance for her, much better present.

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

Find your perfect uni

Let us match you to your ideal course

What class are you?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.