Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Revenge thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I've watched the first ~15 episodes and have found myself becoming a bit bored tbh, might just read the rest on Wikipedia. Main girl is cute though.
    Don't give up! I'll admit it does get a bit boring in the middle but the last few episodes are totally worth it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard)
    Don't give up! I'll admit it does get a bit boring in the middle but the last few episodes are totally worth it.
    Yeah I probably might blitz it tomorrow or something, I can sort of see where the story is going though.

Spoiler:
    Show
    If by the end of the season Emily and Jack haven't got together once I'd be shocked. I actually like Daniel but can't tell if Emily really does like him or not, can't see them being engaged by the end of the seasons either. Which means they'll probably make Daniel into a dick or something to break off the engagement.
    • 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    im confused.. in the first episode they show victoriass son dying..... is that to come ?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soyasauce)
    im confused.. in the first episode they show victoriass son dying..... is that to come ?
    Yes I think so

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love this programme!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think that'll be in the last episode - as in they'll tell us exactly how it happened at the end. :dontknow:
    They just put a clip of it in the first episode and from now on they'll show us the events building up until then. (how they got to that stage etc)

I don't really like how they did that, actually. I suppose it did help put the whole thing into context right from the beginning but they go through a lot of flashbacks through-out each episode anyway so was there a need to tell us what happens at the end in the first episode? :unsure:
    Only seen the first three epsiodes so maybe I was too quick to judge, we'll see what happens.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I won't spoil it for you, but don't be sure about anything!
    Just keep watching!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleGirl)
    Yeah, I think that'll be in the last episode - as in they'll tell us exactly how it happened at the end. :dontknow:
    They just put a clip of it in the first episode and from now on they'll show us the events building up until then. (how they got to that stage etc)

I don't really like how they did that, actually. I suppose it did help put the whole thing into context right from the beginning but they go through a lot of flashbacks through-out each episode anyway so was there a need to tell us what happens at the end in the first episode? :unsure:
    Only seen the first three epsiodes so maybe I was too quick to judge, we'll see what happens.
    It's not what happens in the end anyway... you have a lot to watch.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was sooo good yesterday on tv
    • 51 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viix)
    I've already watched a few episodes and I promise you it's definitely worth watching. Let me know what you think
    I watched the second episode at the weekend and I absolutely loved it! It has just the right balance of cheesy US soap opera, serious tense drama and over-the-top glamour. I'm hooked.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    It has just the right balance of cheesy US soap opera, serious tense drama and over-the-top glamour. I'm hooked.
    Agreed. :yep:

(Original post by Emelynaki)
    It's not what happens in the end anyway... you have a lot to watch.
    Oh, so it doesn't actually have such a predictable storyline?
    I look forward to watching the rest then
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I watched the second episode at the weekend and I absolutely loved it! It has just the right balance of cheesy US soap opera, serious tense drama and over-the-top glamour. I'm hooked.
    Yeah it's honestly the best show on TV right now, really annoyed that I rushed watching it:rolleyes: What episode are you on now?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched the rest of it, pretty sure I guessed most of it right. It's a decent series, I'd give it 7/10.

Think the show could do with some more likeable characters though. Apart from Nolan, there's actually no-one I really care about. Jack is to good and nice that it annoys me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Which is why I'd prefer it if he didn't end up with the main character. He needs a lot of development imo. I thought Daniel was pretty likeable but they're turning him into a mug.

Also, using Seven Devils in the finale seemed out of place to me, but I think that might be purely to do with the fact that I watched the promo for GoT season 2 a 100 times and it has the same song that I just associate the song with medieval times so it felt weird. Great tune though.
    • 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleGirl)

ahh yeh i see

yeh same here only seen first 3 but kinda spoils it because its ovious how it may end as a whole
    oh well its still GREAAAAAAT

(Original post by Emelynaki)
    I won't spoil it for you, but don't be sure about anything!
    Just keep watching!
    haha okay thanks
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't even feel remorse for Emily's revenge, her father had an affair. He wasn't exactly clean.

Yeah, framing him was wrong, but that could have also been revenge from Victoria's husband!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh yeh i see

yeh same here only seen first 3 but kinda spoils it because its obvious how it may end as a whole

oh well its still GREAAAAAAT
    Haha, completely agree
    • 17 followers

Really like this show. Think it's really slick and has been written in a creative and interesting way.
    Currently on episode 17 and things are really beginning to hot up. Glad to hear it's been renewed for a second season!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i am loving this show, my favourite at the moment. I'm watching UK time so only on episode 3 but i'm hooked already!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Really like this show. Think it's really slick and has been written in a creative and interesting way.
    Currently on episode 17 and things are really beginning to hot up. Glad to hear it's been renewed for a second season!
    Really? :woo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awsome show so far, def original

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.