The Student Room Group

Revision: Max hours you are able to work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I never have any motivation to revise until a couple days before when I revise the entire day, I can never sleep properly the day before an exam so get up at like 7 to revise then will finish at about 10pm (probably around 2 hours out for eating but the panic keeps me going!)
Reply 41
8 hours
Reply 42
I can do up to 8 hours but only if I take 5 minute breaks every 30 minutes.

The key for long periods of revision is taking regular breaks where you completely relax and don't do anything mentally taxing

It is also important to revise and rest in different places. Then the brain can distinguish more easily what activity you are doing. Otherwise your brain will think it's on a break when you try to revise

Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 43
i do at least 4 hours of really solid revision, usuually aiming for 6-7.
i try to complete things, timing things isn't that useful just try to get what you intended done, if i force myself to revise a certain amount of time i just end up wat hcing the clock for hte last hour and not really concentrating
Reply 44
I had a business test previously, & I was manging 4-5 hours a day straight. Taking 20mins breaks in between, I had done mostly past papers, & key words. This really helped me out.

Now I have a sociology exam coming up worth of 50% of my GCSE.
Sociology I'm not good at it.

Trying to make it my strong point, now I'm going to try every way to try & revise sociology.

Best of luck to everyone anyway's (& me :P) hope everyone gets a B or above.<3
Original post by buildalegohouse
So I've promised myself that I'm going to go all out with revision this week and try to bump up my hours. Typically, I manage around 4-5 a day, but I'm aiming for 6-7.

How long are you able to work before you your brain turns to mush? I'm interested to know how many hours people do each day, and how frequent breaks are.
Oh, and if anyone has any experiences of an all nighter of revision, please share! :P

I have done 8 hours in a stretch. I tried to do it again overnight bit i think i managed to do it! Who knows? I slept halfway... but since do not know when i may have done like 9 hours.
http://www.squidoo.com/top-ten-tips-to-exam-success has some useful stuffs.
Original post by (◕ ‿ ▒r▀▀
I have done 8 hours in a stretch. I tried to do it again overnight bit i think i managed to do it! Who knows? I slept halfway... but since do not know when i may have done like 9 hours.
http://www.squidoo.com/top-ten-tips-to-exam-success has some useful stuffs.

8 hours?!
Thanks for the site by the way, it was pretty useful-- :smile:
I'm studying GCSES and I revise 3 hours a day. I think as the qualification gets bigger and bigger you should increase it to more so at A level I'll do about 4-5 hours :smile: I have about a 20 min break in between the hours :smile:
Reply 48
well i have a ALEVEL Psychology exam this monday and i have hardly done any revision so this is my plan
go to sleep at 7pm today and wake up again at 10pm
10pm till 5pm tomorrow evening revise non stop and then 5pm tomorrow which is saturday go to sleep 5pm till 8pm then at 8pm till sunday 1pm revise non stop and then 2pm till 6pm sleep on sunday and then revise throughout the night on sunday and monday exam then once exam has finished go bck to sleep
Reply 49
watching eastenders then bed tym till 9
Original post by buildalegohouse
So I've promised myself that I'm going to go all out with revision this week and try to bump up my hours. Typically, I manage around 4-5 a day, but I'm aiming for 6-7.

How long are you able to work before you your brain turns to mush? I'm interested to know how many hours people do each day, and how frequent breaks are.
Oh, and if anyone has any experiences of an all nighter of revision, please share! :P

Well 18 hours is my record. But I am extremely well versed in the ways of sleepless study.
Reply 51
I did 7 hours with breaks in GCSE Physics. Was destroyed as the end though.
Reply 52
Around 5 hours of efficient work
Reply 53
stressingg

Quick Reply

Latest