The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel B Geography case studies

Hello, this is an important message. Has anybody got any information on case studies that they can give me, used for the stated exam board (Edexcel B), for the Rural Environments section? It's just I need them as I'm self-teaching myself this module due to poor teaching received:frown: :mad: . It's urgent as well as important as the exams are not that far away!:eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated, Elements xXx.:smile:
Reply 1
oh dear I remember doing this exam but I have such a bad memory i cant remember what case studies I even used for it!! I think there was something about ghost towns in the lake District, a village in a national park in Yorkshire (I think!).... really sorry i cant help u out anymore than that :s:
Reply 2
Peak District and Lake District are the most common ones because you can use them for lots of different questions.

I'm not sure, but I think you may need LEDC / MEDC examples - if anyone else knows please post
Go to http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/gce/geography/as/8215/ and download the EDEXCEL B Specification - it's the first one on the list of downloads available. Page 14 of the document (= Page 18 of Adobe) says you need local, regional, international and global scale examples, including a contrasting LEDC/MEDC case and knowledge of rural planning issues on these different scales. If you then go to Page 22 of the document (= Page 26 of Adobe) it covers all these things in more detail.

Have a look at the BBC website... you might be able to use some of the info there to build a case study. Buy a revision guide - it should have stuff you can use too... Errr... oh, did you know that one of The Economist's forecasts for 2006 is that for the first time in history more people will be living in towns and cities than in rural areas?

You should try to link this module to other ones you are studying if at all possible - examiners like to see that you've thought how the subject fits together as a whole (something Geography does really easily). Good luck!

A.S. xx
Reply 4
also i really really recommend the AS Philip Allan revision guides, they'll contain the case studies u need with any luck :biggrin:
Reply 5
And the magazine "Geography Review" - It has tonnes of case studies in, though they are perhaps a little too detailed. Your school library may have them.

Latest

Trending

Trending