Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Audition Monologues for College help!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering if anyone here knows any 2 good contrasting monologues that I can do for my audition to get into College this year? (each monologue no longer than 1 minute).

and another thing they ask me to bring along with me is:
    "A short critique of either a play or film you have recently seen or read. This should be no longer than 250 words."
    ^ I'm just wondering if they're asking me that I have to write a short essay about a play or a film that I have recently seen or read? If so, could someone tell me what play I should write about?

Thanks in advance!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an expert on monologues, but I'd definitely go for one Shakespeare and one Post 1900.

For the 'critique' thing, I'm assuming it means a short review about something you have recently seen or a PLAY you have recently read - not a book. You have to decided what you're going to review yourself as I have no idea what you've seen recently. Go for either something you really enjoyed, or something you really disliked.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitykinss)
    I'm not an expert on monologues, but I'd definitely go for one Shakespeare and one Post 1900.

For the 'critique' thing, I'm assuming it means a short review about something you have recently seen or a PLAY you have recently read - not a book. You have to decided what you're going to review yourself as I have no idea what you've seen recently. Go for either something you really enjoyed, or something you really disliked.
    I was planning on doing Shakespeare at first but I thought the language would be too hard for me to portray, but I might try to see how it goes thanks.
    One Post 1900? Hmm...never heard of that one before. Could you possibly explain to me what it's about and its language?

Can it be about anything? I'm not sure what they're looking for to be honest. >.>

Thanks very much for replying btw. Really appreciate it (:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I meant the time period 'post 1900' basically meaning a modern play! :P

I think if you want to do acting, Shakespeare is something you're going to have to learn anyway and they'll respect an interest in it. If you're worried about the language, try this website (http://nfs.sparknotes.com/) which gives you a modern version so you can understand what you're meant to be saying!

And as for your 'critique' thing, I assume it can be about any play or film you want. Choose one that you've seen recently so it's fresh in your mind and therefore easier to write about. 250 words is absolutely nothing - about 1/3 of an A4 sheet of paper.

Hope this helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much again! This really helps a whole lot and my audition is in 21st June so I have plenty of time to prepare. (:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.