Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MHOC Mafia

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically this is a forum game that will stretch out over a number of days. It is a game of survival, teamwork and backstabbing.

Teams

The Politicans - Around 1/4 of people playing.
    The Citizens - Around 3/4 of people playing.

Rules

Day - During the Day, the Citizens deliberate over which suspected Politican they wish to nominate for execution. The Citizens want to execute a Politican but all players are allowed to vote so its the Politicans job to try and trick the Citizens in to voting to execute one of their own.
    Each Citizen and Politican can vote, can only vote once and cannot vote for themselves. Citizens and Politicans vote for someones execution by saying their name in BB Code. For example "Mr Dangermouse" if you want me to die.

Night - At Night the Politicans decide which of the Citizens they want to murder and that Citizen is killed that very same night. Politicans will do this by PMing eachother and then PMing me once they have decided. The said Citizens death will be revealed the next Day.

Note:
    Politicans know who is on their team but Citizens do not.
    All deliberating amongst Citizens MUST take place in the properly assigned thread.

Different Roles of the Citizens

Doctor - The Doctor can choose to save one person, per Night, from death. They will do this by PMing me that persons Username during the Night, so that person becomes immune to dying for that one Night. They can not save themselves. He must keep his identity secret.

Detective - The detective PM's me a random number every night from 1-5, if he guesses the correct(pre selected) number I will reveal to him the identity of 1 randomly selected citizen. He must keep his identity secret.

How To Win - 2 possible outcomes

If All of the Politicans have been eliminated. The Citizens win.
    If the number of Politicans and Citizens becomes equal. The Politicans win.

If You Want To Play

Post in this thread and tell me. After we have enough players I will assign you your teams and roles. Try to be active on a daily basis while playing this game.

People Playing:

1. JPKC
    2. MacCuishy
    3. Birchington
    4. Moleman1996
    5. Rhadamanthus
    6. SciFiBoy
    7. Alofleicester
    8. Keckers
    9. Mazzini
    10. Alazythracian
    11. thunder_chunky

Sign ups will close at 5pm on Wednesday 30th May, and the game is scheduled to begin on Thursday
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    signs up close on 30th March eh? :holmes:

assuming you mean 30th May?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks amusing. Sign me up.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: sign me up
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    signs up close on 30th March eh? :holmes:

assuming you mean 30th May?
    Edited, are you in?
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Edited, are you in?
    maybe, I will let you know by the 30th.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like fun! Count me in.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds relatively fun Sign me up
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what any of that means but I'll give it a bash since I'm home-bound these days anyway. (As a citizen, I'm not an MP this term.)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to ace these in real life, but here… the absence of behavioural clues makes it a game of chance, does it not?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting. :holmes:

g'won then.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm, are we playing it so that every Night EVERYONE has to PM you? That is, Citizens have to PM saying "Checking in" or some such? Otherwise you have the old time stamp problem?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Just to confirm, are we playing it so that every Night EVERYONE has to PM you? That is, Citizens have to PM saying "Checking in" or some such? Otherwise you have the old time stamp problem?
    What problem is that?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I used to ace these in real life, but here… the absence of behavioural clues makes it a game of chance, does it not?
    Not really, it is more cat and mouse, with the doctor and the detective controlling the fate of the game(They should really be the main targets of the politicians)
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    okay, I will sign up
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll join, mafia games are usually pretty fun
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    What problem is that?
    You can check the timestamp for when people are online, so if all the Citizens make an agreement not to log on for one day, either the Politicians reveal themselves or you end up in perpetual forfeit.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can check the timestamp for when people are online, so if all the Citizens make an agreement not to log on for one day, either the Politicians reveal themselves or you end up in perpetual forfeit.
    But the citizens don't know the teams, the citizens aren't able to differentiate between citizen roles or politician roles, only the politicians are aware of who is on their side.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a go
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok we'll use this rule. Are you in?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.