Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you survive without an iPod (or any other personal music player)?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to have an MP3 player but I found it distracting and annoying that I couldn't hear anything of the world around me. Plus it became expensive to keep downloading all the new tracks. I don't miss it. My phone can store songs. I put some on that I already owned but i rarely listen to them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I very rarely leave the house without my iPod, nearly no matter where I go. The few times I don't have an iPod on me, I feel kinda tense and nervous when walking.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I just feel so upset when I see other people with an iPod (or their personal music players) and it makes me wish that I had one (don't ask why I don't).

How can people cope with being on long train journeys or even on their commute without listening to music?

What can you do to pass the time away without your music to listen to?

In fact, any suggestions, as I'm quite sick of doing nothing without nothing to listen to.
    This is a true story.
    My mum took my ipod away from me a month before my final GCSE exams because according to her it was a distraction. It was a 45min walk to school everyday and the only thing that would keep me company was my Ipod.
    Without my Ipod i got bored on the long jurney so i decided to think about my school work while i was walking. This really helped me achieve good grades in GCSE.

So i guess the answer is that people survive due to thinking about other stuff like football/school work/ Mathematical problems (Today while shaving i had no music on and came across the solution to a C4 question that was troubling me :eek:)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a little nerdy but I actually find doing puzzles like sudoku or crosswords helps pass the time
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    spotify on the laptop.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a HTC Wildfire S and a Spotify premium account so I just use that Probably works out more expensive than an MP3 player though ...

If I'm not listening to music I tend to check my email, browse the internet or read using the Kindle app on android.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually just listen to the voices in my head.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I've got nothing to do I go into my long-running fantasy and add more to the story. I've had three over my lifetime and they generally last for about 5 years so I rarely get bored.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just feel so upset when I see other people with an iPod (or their personal music players) and it makes me wish that I had one (don't ask why I don't).

How can people cope with being on long train journeys or even on their commute without listening to music?

In fact, any suggestions, as I'm quite sick of doing nothing without nothing to listen to.
    So you've got something to listen to then :awesome:.

But in all seriousness, you could read a book, that will make you even more academicerer
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:

Given that you've set your heart on Oxbridge, now might be the ideal time to start doing all that extra reading you'll need to be doing over the coming years...? :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebastienlewis)
    Attachment 152051

It's so hot, it's gone off the rails.
    I cant like any more comments so I'm going to dish you some rep...well played sir
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I take a portable turntable. :cool:

Pah, I wish. I read if I don't have some music device with me. Or draw or write or just people watch.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.