Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hazard to Chelsea - Confirmed.

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    The same source was also the first to claim that Hazard's going to Chelsea :dontknow:
    Chelsea were always in the race after the CL win, I read that on most articles pretty much the following day.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    The same source once claimed Man Utd had pretty much sealed the deal, and that Hazard always had them as 1st choice.

He doesn't really have any loyalty or preference towards any english clubs and its more likely he's after a fat wage packet.
    He's a right mug if that is true.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea were always in the race after the CL win, I read that on most articles pretty much the following day.
    However, they were first to say that he had chosen Chelsea the same DAY he himself confirmed it on twitter only a few hours after L'Equipe broke the story.

I've been under the impression that L'Equipe are fairly reliable. Guess they're a bit of a hit or miss then.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    He's a right mug if that is true.
    I concur. Then again, terms had been agreed between the three (assuming these three were ManCity, ManUtd and Chelsea) clubs and Hazard according to his agent.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7772799/

If the three clubs offered wages that lived up to his said demands (again, terms had been "agreed"), he could just as well had made his pick based on other factors.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I concur. Then again, terms had been agreed between the three (assuming these three were ManCity, ManUtd and Chelsea) clubs and Hazard according to his agent.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7772799/

If the three clubs offered wages that lived up to his said demands (again, terms had been "agreed"), he could just as well had made his pick based on other factors.
    You don't think his agent would have a vested interest in claiming he has an agreement with 3 clubs?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't think his agent would have a vested interest in claiming he has an agreement with 3 clubs?
    Possibly.

You don't think he could've simply been speaking the truth?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Possibly.

You don't think he could've simply been speaking the truth?
    Given the utter rubbish agents come out with when they mention big clubs, I doubt it.

I think we were definately interested and may have even made a bid very early on. However I honestly believe Ferguson was less than impressed with Hazard's attitude of HIM making the decision and unveiling HIMSELF for the club via social networking.

If we assume momentarily that we did make a bid for him and everything was agreed, what might have been the pulling point of CFC over Man Utd? I am in no way at all trying to come across as arrogant here as I'm a Man Utd supporter but lets consider it:

CFC are very unstable, without a manager, finished 6th in the season, won the Champions League albeit with an inordinate amount of luck, sold their best player and are under transition, have Mata as the number 10 playing in Hazard's preferred role.

Man Utd are stable, would offer the same amount of playing time under the best manager in the world, are more likely to offer him his ideal position off the striker (pushing rooney as the forward man) and are serious contendors in domestic and european silverware (barring last years blimp).

I don't think Hazard was ever in a position where financially both offers were the same and he chose CFC. I believe, rather, that Hazard had a higher wage packet on offer at the Bridge OR Man Utd pulled themselves out of the running when the Kagawa announcement to leave occurred. The latter is most likely, as Kagawa and Hazard would ideally offer the same to a club.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Given the utter rubbish agents come out with when they mention big clubs, I doubt it.
    haha, that's a fair point

I think we were definately interested and may have even made a bid very early on. However I honestly believe Ferguson was less than impressed with Hazard's attitude of HIM making the decision and unveiling HIMSELF for the club via social networking.
    That was shameful on Hazard's part tbh, and if he now joins Chelsea, he'll have quite a lot to prove.

If we assume momentarily that we did make a bid for him and everything was agreed, what might have been the pulling point of CFC over Man Utd? I am in no way at all trying to come across as arrogant here as I'm a Man Utd supporter but lets consider it:

CFC are very unstable, without a manager, finished 6th in the season, won the Champions League albeit with an inordinate amount of luck, sold their best player and are under transition, have Mata as the number 10 playing in Hazard's preferred role.

Man Utd are stable, would offer the same amount of playing time under the best manager in the world, are more likely to offer him his ideal position off the striker (pushing rooney as the forward man) and are serious contendors in domestic and european silverware (barring last years blimp).

I don't think Hazard was ever in a position where financially both offers were the same and he chose CFC. I believe, rather, that Hazard had a higher wage packet on offer at the Bridge OR Man Utd pulled themselves out of the running when the Kagawa announcement to leave occurred. The latter is most likely, as Kagawa and Hazard would ideally offer the same to a club.
    All your points are excellent.

As for Hazard's preferred position, wouldn't the same situation arise with the ManUtd of late? With Rooney playing in the nr. 10 role as I've understood it, with Welbeck or the likes up front? But then as you suggested, Rooney can play as your forward man..you probably wouldn't be approaching Kagawa if that weren't the case.

Also, as opposed to Chelsea, ManUtd doesn't have **** for wingers, thus limiting Hazards involvement in a starting 11 even further should he join the red half of Manchester - assuming Rooney keeps his nr. 10 role.

I reckon Hazard would accept a left wing role at Chelsea even if he does indeed prefer to play in the hole. And, if not..it's not as if Mata isn't good on the left..it's just that he isn't AS good, and we'd risk breaking the promising linkage established between him and Torres lately, should we put him there.

ManCity probably offered a wage bill on par with Chelsea if not higher. Would be difficult for Hazard to fit in anywhere there though; making it safe to assume why he didn't opt for them.

I also find it hard to belive that ManUtd (or SAF specifically) would be in contention for a player demanding what Hazard and his agent have been rumoured to demand.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

That was shameful on Hazard's part tbh, and if he now joins Chelsea, he'll have quite a lot to prove.
    I don't even think Chelsea would have allowed it if they had a manager at the moment.

As for Hazard's preferred position, wouldn't the same situation arise with the ManUtd of late? With Rooney playing in the nr. 10 role as I've understood it, with Welbeck or the likes up front? But then as you suggested, Rooney can play as your forward man..you probably wouldn't be approaching Kagawa if that weren't the case.

Also, as opposed to Chelsea, ManUtd doesn't have **** for wingers, thus limiting Hazards involvement in a starting 11 even further should he join the red half of Manchester - assuming Rooney keeps his nr. 10 role.

I reckon Hazard would accept a left wing role at Chelsea even if he does indeed prefer to play in the hole. And, if not..it's not as if Mata isn't good on the left..it's just that he isn't AS good, and we'd risk breaking the promising linkage established between him and Torres lately, should we put him there.

ManCity probably offered a wage bill on par with Chelsea if not higher. Would be difficult for Hazard to fit in anywhere there though; making it safe to assume why he didn't opt for them.

I also find it hard to belive that ManUtd (or SAF specifically) would be in contention for a player demanding what Hazard and his agent have been rumoured to demand.
    I think if/when we sign Kagawa, his role will be central and it will push Welbeck out the first XI. That said, it also gives Rooney the opportunity to rest a couple of games should we miss him, and Kagawa would also provide an additional option on the wing (although that is his secondary position).

I'm not sure how deep Kagawa can operate and whether or not he would be a viable option in the centre of the park but I think he certainly fits the bill of creative talent, value and pace (pace is what SAF is apparently building his team around now).

WRT Man City, I'm not entirely sure if they would be able to offer the same wage bill as Chelsea given the pressure for them to stick to FFP rules, and the fact that their prime targets are probably Thiago Silva and Alves. Hazard would have just been nice to have as an option as nothing more.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think Chelsea would have allowed it if they had a manager at the moment.

I think if/when we sign Kagawa, his role will be central and it will push Welbeck out the first XI. That said, it also gives Rooney the opportunity to rest a couple of games should we miss him, and Kagawa would also provide an additional option on the wing (although that is his secondary position).

I'm not sure how deep Kagawa can operate and whether or not he would be a viable option in the centre of the park but I think he certainly fits the bill of creative talent, value and pace (pace is what SAF is apparently building his team around now).

WRT Man City, I'm not entirely sure if they would be able to offer the same wage bill as Chelsea given the pressure for them to stick to FFP rules, and the fact that their prime targets are probably Thiago Silva and Alves. Hazard would have just been nice to have as an option as nothing more.
    mmhm, sounds reasonable.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameslad)
    Hazard to Chelsea - Confirmed.

Check out his twitter account, he has confirmed it!

https://twitter.com/#!/hazardeden10

thoughts?

I personally think he has the biggest mistake in his life, should have joined united. I'm sure he said that he'll join the team that lets him be no. 10, play frequently and offer him a certain amount of money. So what's going to happen to Mata now? :P
    :lol: Yeah massive mistake eh? Could have joined a mid table club instead of languishing at the top of the league. :lol:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    :lol: Yeah massive mistake eh? Could have joined a mid table club instead of languishing at the top of the league. :lol:
    Haha, some of the predictions in here are wild! Apparently Kagawa should been as a better signing by now.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    x
    Where art thou Thomas?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    He's set himself up for a massive fall. I personally think United bound Kagawa will turn out a better player but time will tell...
    Sorry to call you out on such a massive fail but I just happened to read this on the first page :lol:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Not a bad call by OP about Mata though. You win some
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    All these doubts about Hazard but then again nobody could've predicted that Mata would be **** and now shipped off. :rofl:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Allow the bump.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Sorry to call you out on such a massive fail but I just happened to read this on the first page :lol:
    :lol: I hold my hands up to that one. To be fair given how good Kagawa was at Dortmund I don't think many saw him failing so bad here.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Past two seasons

Kagawa:
    Apps Goals Assists
    49 21 12
    Goal or assist every 1.48 games

Hazard:
    Apps Goals Assists
    76 27 25
    Goal or assist every 1.46 games

One will cost half what the other costs, will cost less in wages, and performs in a better league.

Pew Pew.
    Great post. Always enjoyed a laugh with you.
Updated: February 9, 2014
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.