The Student Room Group

AQA Biology unit 4

Need help on how to revise :frown: and I need an opinion on what I think are fantastic notes but very long by Niel C Millar!
Original post by heelp.
Need help on how to revise :frown: and I need an opinion on what I think are fantastic notes but very long by Niel C Millar!

Those notes are excellent, but I wouldn't use them for revision purposes; more for using them instead of class notes, which I cba to write up neatly :colondollar:
Reply 2
with this exam, past papers is paramount !! (even more so than any other exam ive ever done)
Its more about exam technique than knowledge.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by asaaal
with this exam, past papers is paramount !! (even more so than any other exam ive ever done)
Its more about exam technique than knowledge.

I will take that on board last time i hardly done any past papers :smile: thanks
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod
Those notes are excellent, but I wouldn't use them for revision purposes; more for using them instead of class notes, which I cba to write up neatly :colondollar:

oh okay :smile: thanks :smile: what are you using then?
Original post by heelp.
oh okay :smile: thanks :smile: what are you using then?

I just use the text book: AQA A2 Biology; Nelson Thornes; Glenn Toole, Susan Toole.
Reply 6
I just use the text book: AQA A2 Biology; Nelson Thornes; Glenn Toole, Susan Toole.

Hi, do you happen to know where i can find the answers for the exam questions in the book? :smile:
Original post by amy900
Hi, do you happen to know where i can find the answers for the exam questions in the book? :smile:

They're attached here, although I'm missing the A2 Chapter 2 answers. Would you like Unit 5 answers too?
I find mind maps are pretty useful.
For me its much easier to remember things like the calvin cycle and krebs cycle if I draw them out usually bright colours :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
They're attached here, although I'm missing the A2 Chapter 2 answers. Would you like Unit 5 answers too?

Do you have the questions aswell lost my book in school ;( revising from cgp revision guide
Original post by kingam
Do you have the questions aswell lost my book in school ;( revising from cgp revision guide

Sorry, only got the questions in the book rather than on the computer :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Sorry, only got the questions in the book rather than on the computer :s-smilie:

Damn nevermind, want to ask each other questions only started revising properly this unit a week ago haha
Reply 12

thank you so much! :smile: they were v useful
Anyone have the answers for exam style questions for unit 4? I have them for each chapter individually but not for the general whole unit 4 questions at the end?? HELP PLEASE
Reply 14
Original post by heelp.
I've found revision notes of this unit on the internet, and read them through, highlighted the important bits and gone over bits i don't understand and now i'm in the process of typing the highlighted bits up with help from the textbook for areas that aren't in enough detail. This means I've already covered all the content twice and once the notes are done i intend on printing them out and filling in the gaps where it's easier to draw the diagram and therefore going through the content for a third time. I'm hoping this will help me remember it all as the key is to go over things multiple times. Once this is done i'll be on to past papers but there aren't very many of them so i don't want to use them all up this far ahead of the exam!Hope this helps x
Reply 15
If you go on sciencemathsmaster they have packs of questions on each topic it is an absolute god send, literally hundreds of questions. I am using these and trying to get to grips with the mark schemes. I am leaving the past papers for a few more weeks yet then doing them under timed conditions. Like you say there are not that many past papers.

Hope this helps :smile:
The content to me in unit 4 is not too hard to get your head around, iv nailed it in a a few hard weeks. Although just because you know it doesn't mean you will do well. Like others have said to get a good mark in unit 4 Past papers are a must because the How science works questions can be pretty random and marks are often strange and direct.
Do you happen to have the answers for the as book too ?

Do you have the as answers

Quick Reply