Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I still get the A level if one paper is missed?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For one of my subjects, Ive taken 3 papers (%75) and 1 more is remaining. Getting an A would be out of the question obviously but do you think this is still enough to pass?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should be. Normal pass is around 50-60%, so 75% should get you a pass easily.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, OP means that he has done 3 out of the 4 papers. I don't think he has gotten full UMS on all three papers...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vakanuvis)
    For one of my subjects, Ive taken 3 papers (%75) and 1 more is remaining. Getting an A would be out of the question obviously but do you think this is still enough to pass?

What grades/UMS have you achieved in the three papers?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well this is CIE so i dont know if ums applies here. And the grades wont be available till august, but they should be above average, at least

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well this is CIE so i dont know if ums applies here. And the grades wont be available till august, but they should be above average, at least

Why are you going to miss a paper?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    basically i dont know its content, if i were to take it (which is in 2 hrs) i would give it back blank.

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    basically i dont know its content, if i were to take it (which is in 2 hrs) i would give it back blank.

I think you have to sit the paper anyway so that you actually get the A-level qualification. If all the units are equal weighing then you would get a D as 225/400 is above 50%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should take it anyway and try to do what you can.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd take it anyway- you might be able to scrape a few extra marks here and there. What do you have to lose?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    when's the paper? because if its tomoro or something then it might be worth revising a few sections and getting a few marks...anything is better than 0
    tbh pretty much any subject you can think of will have at least a few marks in a paper that can be gotten without even any revision...sit the paper!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh just read the OP's comment and realised the exam is now...hope you're sitting it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope, skipped it. i know nuttin bout poisson distros &the like. what i had to lose is time, cos i ve 2 more exams this week & revisin them nao.

as for weighs, the first 2 papers are %30 and the last 2 are %20. so i have 80% already, (i double checkd, so the 75 i mentiond first post isnt correct)hope im ok

thx anyway guys

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.