Nice,

I am going to apply for Information Management for Business :redface:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Tensei
Nice,

I am going to apply for Information Management for Business :redface:

Sounds unique, which is lovely :'). How are you preparing for it?
Reply 102
Original post by Defragmentation
Sounds unique, which is lovely :'). How are you preparing for it?

:smile:

Thanks......:five::five:

But I am preparing by just reading up a little on the course, doing some online course :biggrin: - and I have been interning at a consultancy to help familiarize myself with the business elements/

Also writing my PS :frown: I have like 5 drafts
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tensei
:smile:

Thanks......:five::five:

But I am preparing by just reading up a little on the course, doing some online course :biggrin: - and I have been interning at a consultancy to help familiarize myself with the business elements/

Also writing my PS :frown: I have like 5 drafts

Yayay! You enjoying the work experience?!

Aha, I really have to get my first draft done, it's just so hard though!
Reply 104
Yayay! You enjoying the work experience?!

Aha, I really have to get my first draft done, it's just so hard though!

I did enjoy it lol..... not so much now :frown:

I really have to force myself to write my PS:biggrin: Oh well- you gotta do what ya gotta do -

How about you? how are you preparing for LAW :colone:
Original post by Tensei
I did enjoy it lol..... not so much now :frown:

I really have to force myself to write my PS:biggrin: Oh well- you gotta do what ya gotta do -

How about you? how are you preparing for LAW :colone:

Aha why not now :tongue:?

Yeah, it's a grim, I really don't know the tone to take within the personal statement aha!

Reading, so much reading! I've got a few books that I'd like to read. Also practising for the LNAT as well.

Man, I miss the summer that I had during GCSEs!
So after getting your results, is everyone still going to apply to UCL?

I attained AAAA but my UMS average isn't very good so I'm not sure if I should apply to pure econ or econ and stats. :/
Reply 107
Aha why not now :tongue:?

Yeah, it's a grim, I really don't know the tone to take within the personal statement aha!

Reading, so much reading! I've got a few books that I'd like to read. Also practising for the LNAT as well.

Man, I miss the summer that I had during GCSEs!

lol its getting harder...longer.....slightly tedious :/

With my PS I am trying to tell it like a story a little - I was told it would keep the 'reader' entertained lol
Original post by Tensei
lol its getting harder...longer.....slightly tedious :/

With my PS I am trying to tell it like a story a little - I was told it would keep the 'reader' entertained lol

Are you paid though :biggrin:?

Sounds like a good idea :')!
Reply 109
Are you paid though :biggrin:?

Sounds like a good idea :')!

No..... All expenses are paid... and I get to learn new design software, and create content etc.. + My boss said he would write a letter of recommendationfor me.... dont know how much that will help me lol
I am going to apply for UCL, probably for my firSt choice! :woo: however seeing some of the people on this thread, I cant help but feel I would be embarrassing myself :colondollar:

If someone could put my info into the stalking thread I would be very grateful, I really have no clue when it comes to these things. I tried to do it myself, but I had no idea?

Subject: A100 Medicine
GCSEs: 8A*, 1.5A, 1B
AS: Biology A, Chemistry A, Maths A, English Literature B :cry2: (picking up AS Physics next year) EPQ
UMS average: 87% over all four, 91% over top three
A2 predictions: A*A*A*aaa*

Other info: Nuffield Bursary, possible CREST science award, gold duke of Edinburgh, work experience in hospital, volunteer wight Age Concern, Queen scout award, young leader.

It's nice to meet everybody on here :smile:
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
So after getting your results, is everyone still going to apply to UCL?

I attained AAAA but my UMS average isn't very good so I'm not sure if I should apply to pure econ or econ and stats. :/

UCL don't ask for UMS marks, they'll only see that you have 4 As. Obviously, economics at UCL is really competitive, so I wouldn't worry about UMS maarten and focus more on your personal statement.
Reply 112
Anyone applying for Maths? It's between Imperial and UCL for one of my choices..
Reply 113
Original post by coffee-spoons
Ah, that was only launched last month. Lots of people who applied for 2012 entrance didn't get made an offer due to not fulfilling the language requirement. That's probably why they introduced this language course.

Lucky for me, I was at UCL before they introduced this language requirement.

I heard from the Statistics department admissions that you can still get an offer without a language GCSE but you will be required to complete a half module in year 1. If this is not true then there isn't much point of me applying! :confused:
Original post by coffee-spoons
UCL don't ask for UMS marks, they'll only see that you have 4 As. Obviously, economics at UCL is really competitive, so I wouldn't worry about UMS maarten and focus more on your personal statement.

Last year for econ they requested UMS scores for individual units.
Will not having a foreign language GCSE adversely affect my chances at being made an offer from UCL? It wasn't clear from their website whether it was an essential requirement or not.
Reply 116
Will not having a foreign language GCSE adversely affect my chances at being made an offer from UCL? It wasn't clear from their website whether it was an essential requirement or not.

I heard from admissions that you can complete a half module in a language in year 1 of your degree.
Reply 117

It says that if you don't have it, you will have to do a module/half module during first year.
Original post by marianaalb
Hello everyone!
I'm an international student planing on applying for Archaeology at UCL!
Anyone else applying? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Heeey, I'm applying to the Classical Archaeology and Classical Civilisation course! Really hope I get accepted, I'd love to go to UCL
I've done my best to fix the stalking page.

I'm still deliberating about certain universities, UCL included. Something seems quite odd about applying to both UCL and Imperial but I'm trying to stop that feeling from interfering with my decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending