Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The videos' picture on YouTube moves slower than the audio.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, for the past few days, whenever I've tried to watch a video on YouTube, it plays but the picture moves so slowly and even slower than the audio. Whenever I pause the video, the picture doesn't stop, it carries on for a little. I've tried changing the quality from 360 to 240 and although the problem is fixed I when I change to 240, the quality becomes absolutely horrendous. I've use Mozilla Firefox and I've got Windows XP. I've also downloaded the latest Flash. I'm getting really frustrated. What can I do?
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaku_96)
    Well, for the past few days, whenever I've tried to watch a video on YouTube, it plays but the picture moves so slowly and even slower than the audio. Whenever I pause the video, the picture doesn't stop, it carries on for a little. I've tried changing the quality from 360 to 240 and although the problem is fixed I when I change to 240, the quality becomes absolutely horrendous. I've use Mozilla Firefox and I've got Windows XP. I've also downloaded the latest Flash. I'm getting really frustrated. What can I do?
    Maybe it's your graphics, which is causing a lag between video and audio.
    Is your graphics updated to the latest drivers?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    drop the resolution?
    Update drivers
    Try a new browser? and make sure software for youtube is updated. (I think it is flash)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELs123)
    drop the resolution?
    Update drivers
    Try a new browser? and make sure software for youtube is updated. (I think it is flash)
    How do you drip the resolution?
    I've tried changing to Google Chrome but it keeps saying that windows does not support it. Could I change to Mozilla Firefox Beta or Opera?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get this problem occasionally and it's an internet connection issue. If I take my laptop further and further away from the router the problem gets progressively worse and worse because the video continues playing with the audio running fine but the picture freezes up for a few seconds then snaps forward. If you can play it fine at 240 (less data to download) but not at 360 I reckon that's probably the issue!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    you might have it set to have the video play at 1080p, should be a little icon in the bottom of the video that lets you change the playback quality

Yea see if any other browser plays up. If they work fine it could be a browser issue.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I get this problem occasionally and it's an internet connection issue. If I take my laptop further and further away from the router the problem gets progressively worse and worse because the video continues playing with the audio running fine but the picture freezes up for a few seconds then snaps forward. If you can play it fine at 240 (less data to download) but not at 360 I reckon that's probably the issue!
    So what should I do? I mean, my computer is right next to the internet router and it's constantly flashing green (which means it's works fine). I'm really frustrated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Maybe it's your graphics, which is causing a lag between video and audio.
    Is your graphics updated to the latest drivers?
    Hmm... I think this could be the problem. Videos on other websites have this issue too, it isn't only YouTube. How do I get my graphics updated to the latest drivers though?
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I think this could be the problem. Videos on other websites have this issue too, it isn't only YouTube. How do I get my graphics updated to the latest drivers though?
    Whats your graphics card called?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats your graphics card called?
    Where can I find the graphics card on the computer? BTW my computer is an eMachines make.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the graphics card on the computer? BTW my computer is an eMachines make.
    Whats your emachine called?
    The graphics card is inside your desktop.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats your emachine called?
    The graphics card is inside your desktop.
    eMachines 2230

I've also got Windows XP Service Pack 1.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    eMachines 2230

I've also got Windows XP Service Pack 1.
    I think the graphics are on board, so you've got to update the motherboard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the graphics are on board, so you've got to update the motherboard.
    Well, I've upgraded my computer to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (It was service pack 1 before).

I've downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.

But the problem is still there so I think I might reinstall Adobe Flash. I've currently got 11.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've upgraded my computer to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (It was service pack 1 before).

I've downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.

But the problem is still there so I think I might reinstall Adobe Flash. I've currently got 11.
    Try that as well..........anything video related, uninstall then reinstall........otherwise it could be that the onboard graphics can't handle it anymore.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try that as well..........anything video related, uninstall then reinstall........otherwise it could be that the onboard graphics can't handle it anymore.
    If the onboard graphics no longer work, do I have to get a new computer.

Also, thank you for helping me. It means a lot to me.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the onboard graphics no longer work, do I have to get a new computer.

Also, thank you for helping me. It means a lot to me.
    It works, but it seems like the main issue, think it can't handle it too much....meaning it could be a software problem or your flash in general.

If it is dying, not necessarily, just stick in a graphics card, which should have the slot available as its using onboard graphics.
    But I wouldn't be too sure, as your computers seriously old, its going for £30 on ebay :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It works, but it seems like the main issue, think it can't handle it too much....meaning it could be a software problem or your flash in general.

If it is dying, not necessarily, just stick in a graphics card, which should have the slot available as its using onboard graphics.
    But I wouldn't be too sure, as your computers seriously old, its going for £30 on ebay :/
    Well, I reinstalled Adobe Flash 11 and the problem is still there. Should I contact a technician to check out my motherboard?

EDIT: I've checked my graphics card and there's 64.0 MB left (is that good?). My graphics card is Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller and support for it has been discontinued (sad times).
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I reinstalled Adobe Flash 11 and the problem is still there. Should I contact a technician to check out my motherboard?

EDIT: I've checked my graphics card and there's 64.0 MB left (is that good?). My graphics card is Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller and support for it has been discontinued (sad times).
    It should be more graphics related than motherboard......
    have you got any games installed? If they have got issues, then its your graphics
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It should be more graphics related than motherboard......
    have you got any games installed? If they have got issues, then its your graphics
    I don't have any games installed on my computer. So what should I do?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.