The Student Room Group

Don't you just hate catching the bus ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Left Hand Drive
awful lot of bus w4nkers in here...

*THIS*
Reply 21
Often when you see people at bus stops, they look quite sad and a bit loserish.
Reply 22
Original post by SoNottingH
Often when you see people at bus stops, they look quite sad and a bit loserish.

hahahaha exactly lmao, pity
I get the bus to college and back 3 days a week (I do drive but £7 a day for parking! **** off council!) I pass the half hour listening to my i pod and deciding which of the other passangers I'd bang :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by tdkr
lol that actually made me laugh

I try my best x
Original post by Muddy_Hands
I get the bus to college and back 3 days a week (I do drive but £7 a day for parking! **** off council!) I pass the half hour listening to my i pod and deciding which of the other passangers I'd bang :smile:

I'd play that game, except the people who get on my bus are younger than 10 or older than 50. :mad:
Reply 26
Original post by Eternal*
Buses do stop at the bus stop. It's not like you need to run after them with a fishing pole to catch them...

As a Londoner you may be blessed with having regular buses, but where I grew up buses were not that regular, and if one came along that was too full, the driver would just do a 'sorry wave' at you and drive past. And then you'd be stood there wondering whether to go home then come back in half an hour or just sit and wait in the cold until that next bus comes.

So no, sometimes buses don't stop for you.

The OP wasn't being particularly rude, it's just true that when you pass your test you do feel a sense of independence and that you can avoid getting the bus. Buses aren't always bad, but sometimes they are awful experiences and can make a 15-minute drive turn into a 1hr slog :frown:

Once I was on the bus home from my job at Morrisons and some chav threw a bottle at the bus, it smashed a window and hit the elderly man sitting in front of me. Cue ambulance and police called, and me waiting for the next bus :rolleyes: Lovely experience!
Reply 27
Original post by dobbs
As a Londoner you may be blessed with having regular buses, but where I grew up buses were not that regular, and if one came along that was too full, the driver would just do a 'sorry wave' at you and drive past. And then you'd be stood there wondering whether to go home then come back in half an hour or just sit and wait in the cold until that next bus comes.

So no, sometimes buses don't stop for you.

The OP wasn't being particularly rude, it's just true that when you pass your test you do feel a sense of independence and that you can avoid getting the bus. Buses aren't always bad, but sometimes they are awful experiences and can make a 15-minute drive turn into a 1hr slog :frown:

Once I was on the bus home from my job at Morrisons and some chav threw a bottle at the bus, it smashed a window and hit the elderly man sitting in front of me. Cue ambulance and police called, and me waiting for the next bus :rolleyes: Lovely experience!

wow :0 !

all this is exactly why i love driving and having my own car! you do feel a sense of superiority and sometimes when i drive pass buses or bus stops i just slow down and look at the people there in a kind of snobby way haha <3
(edited 11 years ago)
I've never had any issues with the bus service where I live (Edinburgh). The mess the city centre's in with parking, etc. It's normally a lot easier and faster to take the bus.
Reply 29
Original post by tdkr

all this is exactly why i love driving and having my own car! you do feel a sense of superiority and sometimes when i drive pass buses or bus stops i just slow down and look at the people there in a kind of snobby way haha <3

Hmm

Wish I hadn't stuck up for you in a way now :rolleyes:

No, I don't feel superior to buses, because whilst I may be driving and comfortable and safe (relatively) and getting to my destination quicker, they are being far more environmental than I am and will get 'one up' on me in other ways - using bus lanes, bus gates, or things like that.

I also tend to let buses out of bus stops or let them turn into roads, things like that, there's no need to be snobby about it. Yes it's nice to have the independence and not have to worry about using public transport, but don't turn your nose up at it like that.
Reply 30
Original post by tdkr

When we pass bus stops and there's people my age at the stop, I like it when we get halted there, if I'm in the back of the Range Rover being driven, I like the way they stare at me. I usually try to look lazy and spoiled and a brat when that happens.
Well done on passing your test, but I prefer to take the bus as it works out a lot cheaper for me than buying a car, as I only take a couple of buses a week.
Reply 32
Original post by dobbs
Hmm

Wish I hadn't stuck up for you in a way now :rolleyes:

No, I don't feel superior to buses, because whilst I may be driving and comfortable and safe (relatively) and getting to my destination quicker, they are being far more environmental than I am and will get 'one up' on me in other ways - using bus lanes, bus gates, or things like that.

I also tend to let buses out of bus stops or let them turn into roads, things like that, there's no need to be snobby about it. Yes it's nice to have the independence and not have to worry about using public transport, but don't turn your nose up at it like that.

it's not that i'm stuck up about it etc, just that my experiences of waiting for buses and being on them was awful! chavs were the worst, literally conducting rap battles on buses
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tdkr
that's a reasonable excuse, but when driving i always give way to the milf or the hot chick with a cheeky wink/smile, and sometimes they even smile back :wink:

That's bound to get you laid.
Reply 34
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
That's bound to get you laid.

k.

no.
When we pass bus stops and there's people my age at the stop, I like it when we get halted there, if I'm in the back of the Range Rover being driven, I like the way they stare at me. I usually try to look lazy and spoiled and a brat when that happens.

Thats exactly what rich kids always do if theyre passing in some expensive car and youre at the bus stop, they kind of look like they think youre dirt and they fuss their hair and show off their watches and stuff. Usually its like youre in the rain and youre getting splashed by someone in a Merc and the kids are in the back laughing at you.
Reply 36
Original post by UsualStudent
Thats exactly what rich kids always do if theyre passing in some expensive car and youre at the bus stop, they kind of look like they think youre dirt and they fuss their hair and show off their watches and stuff. Usually its like youre in the rain and youre getting splashed by someone in a Merc and the kids are in the back laughing at you.

Haha, well, I wouldn't actually laugh at people waiting at a bus stop in the rain, I would just kind of feel a bit superior. :smile: Actually, I am sure I will take buses and stuff when I'm at Uni. I want to get to Oxford and it's virtually imposs. to use a car there and loads of people seem to take the bus to London. So then I will get to learn how it feels. :smile:
Reply 37
Every now and then when I'm in London I will get onto the Routemaster on Heritage Route 15, just to remind myself of how I was poor at one time :smile:

But generally I prefer rail transport over buses or coaches.
Reply 38
Haha, well, I wouldn't actually laugh at people waiting at a bus stop in the rain, I would just kind of feel a bit superior. :smile: Actually, I am sure I will take buses and stuff when I'm at Uni. I want to get to Oxford and it's virtually imposs. to use a car there and loads of people seem to take the bus to London. So then I will get to learn how it feels. :smile:

congrats on getting into Oxford haha! what you want to study ? i'm going uni too if i get the grades :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by tdkr
congrats on getting into Oxford haha! what you want to study ? i'm going uni too if i get the grades :smile:

Not got in yet, "want to"...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending