The Student Room Group

Making GCE a level in further mathematics

Please give me information about how can i make it?

I have got a level in maths with A. If i want to make further mathematics, what further qualification am i need ?

Only FP1 and FP2 ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by Utku008
Please give me information about how can i make it?

I have got a level in maths with A. If i want to make further mathematics, what further qualification am i need ?

Only FP1 and FP2 ?

For Edexcel

AS - FP1 and two applied units
A2 - FP2, FP3 and an applied unit OR FP2 and TWO applied units.
Reply 2
I'm not sure I understand your question. For further maths, you need 6 modules, the same as the normal qualification, but these can't overlap. You need to do another six, so in the end you have twelve modules completed. For me this was:
Maths - C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, D1
Further Maths - FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2, S2
Reply 3
Thank you

Reply 4
Is it possible to have combination of 6 modules of c1,c2,c3,c4,d2,s1 for mathematics?
Reply 5
Original post by ebbeuniyj
Is it possible to have combination of 6 modules of c1,c2,c3,c4,d2,s1 for mathematics?

Yes, as long as you have C1-4 and two applied modules (not any FP units.)
Reply 6
Original post by ebbeuniyj

Original post by JOR2010
Yes, as long as you have C1-4 and two applied modules (not any FP units.)

No.

You cannot use a D2 result for regular Maths A level unless you also use your D1 result
I've just finished my AS maths. C1, C2 and M1. Easy A. Next year it'll be C3, C4 and M2. I'm also picking up further and I've started D1 on my own. I'll then be doing FP1 and probably D2. If I get a lower D1 or D2 than M1 (which I'm sure I'm close to 100%) then can I swap them and get an easier AS further? Knowing that I've got fairly good Cores and the applied modules aren't holding me up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending