Monthly
    51.28%
    Yearly
    28.21%
    Other
    7.69%

• 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go to pure gym. It has good cardio machines and good weights section as well. At the Manchester branch we 3 benches. You can have a secondary gym as well. Any time you can freeze your membership for £4 a month. It's only £17.99 a month and £25 admin fee. If you look for new ones around your town it will be £10.99 a month for the first few members joined.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    Im mainly looking for regular light exercise to keep healthy really.
    Then go for a run and save yourself £25 a month...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almasy)
    Then go for a run and save yourself £25 a month...
    True, but if im committed to a gym im more likely to exercise.
    Plus, theres a range of difference exercises you can do at the gym
    Plus the sauna and steam room...

I know what you mean though
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    when i was at home i used to have monthly membership whereas my first year at uni i got an yearly one but this year i got it from october to may as i know i wasted the summer months when i wasn't there last time

and yhh in your case i would take the as-you-go option, how much does the year one cost anyways??
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    True, but if im committed to a gym im more likely to exercise.
    Plus, theres a range of difference exercises you can do at the gym
    Plus the sauna and steam room...

I know what you mean though
    Think of all those people who buy yearly gym memberships for New Years Resolutions then only go for a few weeks. You could be that type of person (albeit at a different time of year). Common misconception people make that spending money = giving them motivation to exercise. The motivation must come from within and you must make it a habit.

'Range of difference exercises' what do you even want to get out of the gym? You sound clueless and without any real goal. You will likely just turn into part of the 99% of women who go in and do an hour or more of ridiculously light cardio without putting in any effort, then go on the leg machines at some piddly little weight for hundreds of reps, convincing themselves this is adequate. Is this what you want?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i pay 80 for the whole year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Think of all those people who buy yearly gym memberships for New Years Resolutions then only go for a few weeks. You could be that type of person (albeit at a different time of year). Common misconception people make that spending money = giving them motivation to exercise. The motivation must come from within and you must make it a habit.

'Range of difference exercises' what do you even want to get out of the gym? You sound clueless and without any real goal. You will likely just turn into part of the 99% of women who go in and do an hour or more of ridiculously light cardio without putting in any effort, then go on the leg machines at some piddly little weight for hundreds of reps, convincing themselves this is adequate. Is this what you want?
    quite a rude and stereotypical response. there are far worse things i could be doing with my time then going to the gym.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    quite a rude and stereotypical response. there are far worse things i could be doing with my time then going to the gym.
    It was helpful advice, a tad blunt, but helpful non the less. You would be best served taking something from it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    40 pounds a month off campus otherwise 190 for a whole year ( uni)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    It was helpful advice, a tad blunt, but helpful non the less. You would be best served taking something from it.
    hmm okay then

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 30, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.