Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the World anti- English / Anti - British?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Because members of the public have far more interesting things to do than monitor my movements.
    Let me tell you, so does the government.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimx)
    Let me tell you, so does the government.
    Oh really, so why are they so interested in knowing where I am all the time and spending so much money on filming me? Surely, they could be using that money for more useful things?

In fact, I have an idea. Why don't they get members of the public, as you suggested do follow other people around and report back to the police. Keep surveillance levels high and unemployment low?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    In fact, I have an idea. Why don't they get members of the public, as you suggested do follow other people around and report back to the police. Keep surveillance levels high and unemployment low?
    What? Like the Nazis did? :lolwut:

:rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    What? Like the Nazis did? :lolwut:

:rolleyes:
    Not really, the Nazis got people to spy on each other but it was a lot more subtle. Like people being nosy on their neighbours. Our own surveillance operation is far more sophisticated; the Nazis would have loved CCTV.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkane)
    A second degree has brought me back to TSR. I'm guessing you're unknown_demon....
    Very sharp. Masters?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh really, so why are they so interested in knowing where I am all the time and spending so much money on filming me? Surely, they could be using that money for more useful things?
    They spend money on filming the area and all the activity in it, they're hardly tracking your specific movements.

Because CCTV is cheaper and the surveillance material produced is far more useful.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimx)
    They spend money on filming the area and all the activity in it, they're hardly tracking your specific movements.

Because CCTV is cheaper and the surveillance material produced is far more useful.
    How do you know they don't track your movements? Do you check which way the cameras are moving. Or even get to see the footage that's taken of you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How do you know they don't track your movements? Do you check which way the cameras are moving. Or even get to see the footage that's taken of you?
    You are allowed to see footage of yourself, yes.

I wouldn't because I'm not paranoid, but there you go.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimx)
    You are allowed to see footage of yourself, yes.

I wouldn't because I'm not paranoid, but there you go.
    The footage is also allowed to be edited and what footage taken in private/corporate property which included most shopping centres?

Paranoid? Does questioning authority make you paranoid?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The footage is also allowed to be edited and what footage taken in private/corporate property which included most shopping centres?
    Yes of course the parts that don't have you in it are edited out, why would they let you have information on others? Private entities are also subject to the DPA.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimx)
    Yes of course the parts that don't have you in it are edited out, why would they let you have information on others? Private entities are also subject to the DPA.
    Why are they allowed information on others but not me? Private entities usually have private security firms. Why are they allowed to have access to CCTV on anyone but I'm not?

Watch this, kind of related to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROuJhZWktQ
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why are they allowed information on others but not me? Private entities usually have private security firms. Why are they allowed to have access to CCTV on anyone but I'm not?

Watch this, kind of related to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROuJhZWktQ
    Because they pay for it's collection and so they own the footage. Go set up your own CCTV camera, nobody will care.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realist101)
    Very sharp. Masters?
    No, doing Law undergrad at UCL. Just a way of not getting a job.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I personally feel most anti-Britishness stems from envy. I get the impression much of the world especially Europe gets annoyed at how Britain thinks it can do it's own thing and be different and not conform with what all the other countries are doing.

Europe is a perfect example. I think many people outside the UK get irritated with Britain been outside the euro, very close to the USA, driving on the correct side of the road, having a strong democracy etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkane)
    No, doing Law undergrad at UCL. Just a way of not getting a job.
    Glutton for punishment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=g_star_raw_1989;37835572]

You have no right to quote and reply to me in a public forum. So please don't do it again.

I'm sorry are you not quoting and replying to me? You ****ing idiot

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.