The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 2 30/05/12

You people ready?! I've revised pretty much everything except for the courts and tracks, but I still don't feel ready. Especially concerning stating and applying- I *hate* that..Anybody else feeling this way? :redface:

Scroll to see replies

I am finding it hard to remember everything. I think it might be an all nighter tonight.
Reply 2
My problem has always been naming the cases - that and tracks through court, bane of my life.
I fear that in the exam tomorrow I'm going to look at the exam and think: ''What the hell is this?!''

On a plus side, I'm relieved to be getting this out the way (last exam) and that's me done!

Good luck for tomorrow though!
Original post by highlightmylife
I am finding it hard to remember everything. I think it might be an all nighter tonight.

Me too.
Reply 4
Original post by lwepenn
My problem has always been naming the cases - that and tracks through court, bane of my life.
I fear that in the exam tomorrow I'm going to look at the exam and think: ''What the hell is this?!''

On a plus side, I'm relieved to be getting this out the way (last exam) and that's me done!

Good luck for tomorrow though!

Hi, don't worry if you cannot remember the cases, obviously it helps to jog the memory, all you need to know is the principles. If you don't know the name then just put "(______)", by doing this it will make the examiner aware that you recognise there is a case even if you cannot remember -they aren't testing your exact memory just how you apply the law.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by LPickering
Hi, don't worry if you cannot remember the cases, obviously it helps to jog the memory, all you need to know is the principles. If you don't know the name then just put "(______)", by doing this it will make the examiner aware that you recognise there is a case even if you cannot remember -they aren't testing your exact memory just how you apply the law.

Great, thanks for the tip - a little bit of relief there :-)
Reply 6
Don't worry guys. Just get your essays really good. You can always make up your marks on Unit 3 if you haven't already done it. It is a lot easier.
Reply 7
My weak point would probably be Damage and Causation
Reply 8
One thing i'm iffy on is how much you need to explain a case.

If it's the case of Roe v Ministry of Health, would saying

"In the case of Roe v Ministry of Health a patient was paralyzed due to anesthetic being contaminated by invisible cracks in the glass, which were not known of at the time. It was said that if the risk is unknown than there is no breach."

get same marks as:

"In the case of Roe v Ministry of Health it was said that if the risk is unknown than there is no breach."
Reply 9
Original post by arana2
One thing i'm iffy on is how much you need to explain a case.

If it's the case of Roe v Ministry of Health, would saying

"In the case of Roe v Ministry of Health a patient was paralyzed due to anesthetic being contaminated by invisible cracks in the glass, which were not known of at the time. It was said that if the risk is unknown than there is no breach."

get same marks as:

"In the case of Roe v Ministry of Health it was said that if the risk is unknown than there is no breach."

You only need to mention the legal point, not the case facts.

E.G.

Fair, just and reasonable is whether or not it is fair, just and reasonable to impose a duty of care. A case showing this was in the case of Mitchell V Glasgow where the judge stated it was fair, just and reasonable to impose a duty of care to the neighbour who complained.

Any other questions? Don't ask me anything about sentencing or the procedure of a criminal trial because I haven't revised it yet, trying to do so now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
cheers mate. that should shave off some time on the mini essays lol.
Good luck
Reply 11
hows everyone feeling about tomorrows exam
i'm so not ready
I'm just gonna stay up as late as i can revising and hope for the best
Reply 13
Guys, I need some help with breach of duty, I'm not sure what exactly I should be explaining, I know the cases and stuff but I dont quite understand what i'm meant to be writing.

Reasonable man test? blyth v birmingham waterworks - Alderson LG "negligence is the omission...."

what cases should I use for standard of care?

nettleship v weston
mullin v richards?

would be great if someone could help me out on this, i'm feeling confident with criminal liability (OAPA, CJA, mens rea, actus reus and strict liability i know inside out) but i need to divert my attention to tort, all I know is how to answer duty of care and damage.

oh and for anyone that is revising from the AQA textbook, the claim track system is as follows:

Small claims up to 5,000
fast track up to 25,000 (not 15,000 as stated in the AQA book!)
multi track 25k+

the book is outdated..
Reply 14
Original post by icecoolwas
Guys, I need some help with breach of duty, I'm not sure what exactly I should be explaining, I know the cases and stuff but I dont quite understand what i'm meant to be writing.

Reasonable man test? blyth v birmingham waterworks - Alderson LG "negligence is the omission...."

what cases should I use for standard of care?

nettleship v weston
mullin v richards?

would be great if someone could help me out on this, i'm feeling confident with criminal liability (OAPA, CJA, mens rea, actus reus and strict liability i know inside out) but i need to divert my attention to tort, all I know is how to answer duty of care and damage.

oh and for anyone that is revising from the AQA textbook, the claim track system is as follows:

Small claims up to 5,000
fast track up to 25,000 (not 15,000 as stated in the AQA book!)
multi track 25k+

the book is outdated..

I have different cases to you.

For standard of care I have Paris V Stepney Borough Council.

Reasonable man test is ' an omission a reasonable man would do, and something a reasonable man would not do' That's the simple introduction you need to use for breach.
I'm actually going to fail this test tomorrow, i can't do this
Reply 16
Good luck to everyone this morning!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-N7000
Good Luck guys!
Im hoping for Causation and ActusReus/Mensrea on the criminal side, NO STRICT LIABILITY PLEASE!

And hoping for Damage Caused and Res Ipsa loquitur on the Tort Side!
How did everyone find it?
Reply 19
I thought it was a good paper. I mean I was really pushed for time and had to cut some down but the topics were fair :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending