(Original post by Elles)
Some that haven't been mentioned yet... Are they still around?
- just up St Clements & does fab cocktails & ?Slovakian food - yummy & different.
& The Big Bang
- up near Somerville just round the corner from Little Clarendon - amazing bangers & various types of mash & gravy + good atmosphere.
- up Cowley Road - all you can eat Chinese
& some that have that I concur with...
- St Clement's - Chinese
- Cowley Road - good Pizza
- Little Clarendon - French
Le Petit Blanc (now Brasserie Blanc
?) - round the corner of Little Clarendon near Somerville - French
More standard kind of places...
- High street
- Covered Market - for nachos/potato skins etc.
- High Street - best afternoon tea
- all 3 of them! Cowley, Aldates, Little Clarendon - Ice cream, sundaes, cake, bagels etc.
- Covered marker - Cookies
Queens Lane Coffee House
Alternative Tuck Shop
- road by New College at the Magdalen end turning up to the science area - wraps & stuff for lunch - bonus points for seeming to recognize me/remember my usual when I came back way after the years of being based in the Science area?! & I didn't go there that obsessively, honest...
- Covered market
& showing age - Mongolian Wok
used to be where Opium Den or Sojo are now & that was amazing - huge big wok thing for cooking & you took up your selections.
& I nearly shed a tear when Cleo's Creperie
(Gloucester Green) closed.
Om nom nom - good thing I'll be visiting soon.