The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Unit 3 19/06/2012 Exam Discussion

What topics are you not looking forward to come up in the exam? Personally I don't want sinus functions and graph transformations to come up as they take a lot of time to draw and analyse. Also Vectors I kind of struggle with too. We still have a plenty of time to revise so share your revision tips and basically let's panic together :biggrin: I'm aiming for an A/A* overall if I'm lucky.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I completely hate circle theorems as the most obvious rules are the hardest to get, but I can guarantee one is going to come up.
Reply 2
Original post by Dilzo999
I completely hate circle theorems as the most obvious rules are the hardest to get, but I can guarantee one is going to come up.

Most likely as they come up each year. I'm more scared of hard Vector questions though.
Reply 3
Original post by Memphis93
Most likely as they come up each year. I'm more scared of hard Vector questions though.

I would agree on the circle theorems as its tricky to identify which one is needed -revision should help quite a lot here.
The cector questions are actually some of my favourites and you tend to get a lot of marks for them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
*vector

Reply 5
The trick is to remember that as long as two vectors begin and end in the same places, they are the same.

E.g.
Vector A-B is the same as vector A-C-D-B.

Reply 6
Dreading this exam... today's gonna be a solid maths revision day!
Reply 7
does anyone know where i can find a list of all the circle theorem rules i need to know?
Reply 8
Does anyone have any papers to practice with that have a similar spec? It's really annoying there are no past papers.
Reply 9
Original post by martianfrog
Does anyone have any papers to practice with that have a similar spec? It's really annoying there are no past papers.

Our teacher provided us with a pack of past papers ordered from Edexcel. Hasn't your teacher given you any past papers to practice?
Reply 10
It's so difficult. Could anyone tell me roughly what the grade boundaries are likely to be?
Original post by Tommo96
It's so difficult. Could anyone tell me roughly what the grade boundaries are likely to be?

We're told that 80% = A*, 65% = A, 50% = B.
Reply 12
The paper is out of 60, so for an A* it would be 54/60, A - 44/60 and for a B about 36/60.
Reply 13
I thought the paper was out of 80, 60 would be too few for an exam that lasts 105 minutes.

Reply 14
Original post by SciF1
I thought the paper was out of 80, 60 would be too few for an exam that lasts 105 minutes.

Oh yes! You're right! Unit 1 and Unit 2 were both out of 60, but Unit 3 is longer and harder, so yes, I'm so sorry for misleading you! :smile:
Reply 15
I just hope a lot of algebra comes up - I love it. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by krisshP
I just hope a lot of algebra comes up - I love it. :smile:

Yeah, same here! :biggrin: I just hope vectors won't come up, or transforming graphs, because I really don't fancy doing it in the exam :P
Reply 17
Original post by Memphis93
Oh yes! You're right! Unit 1 and Unit 2 were both out of 60, but Unit 3 is longer and harder, so yes, I'm so sorry for misleading you! :smile:

No, don't worry, its fine.
Reply 18
i really need some help on trigonometry
any advice??
Reply 19
I'm just doing question on trigonometry and all I can say is PAST PAPERS, AND PRACTICE LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
Learn the formula for sin, cos and tan as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending