Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is AABCDD (and two Dis* in BTECs) rubbish GCSE results...?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A Eng Lang
    A Eng Lit
    B Food Tech (compulsory)
    C Maths
    D French
    D History

If so would;

AABBBBDD make up for it?

The added Bs are in Astronomy, Science and Higher Maths.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrantG)
    A Eng Lang
    A Eng Lit
    B Food Tech (compulsory)
    C Maths
    D French
    D History

If so would;

AABBBBDD make up for it?

How many GCSEs are the BTECS worth?-they are fully accepted as GCSEs,so you've got at least 2A*s and an A in English Language and a B in Maths sounds pretty good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    How many GCSEs are the BTECS worth?-they are fully accepted as GCSEs,so you've got at least 2A*s and an A in English Language and a B in Maths sounds pretty good.
    IT 2 GCSEs
    Science 4 GCSEs

The AABCDD were from when I attended a ****ty state school.

I am now at a brilliant college and have gotten the GCSEs up to Bs

However I still have to put AABBBBCCD on UCAS? Will the B matter? I will be applying for Eng at UEA, Exeter, Sussex, Kent and Leicester.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    IT 2 GCSEs
    Science 4 GCSEs

The AABCDD were from when I attended a ****ty state school.

I am now at a brilliant college and have gotten the GCSEs up to Bs

However I still have to put AABBBBCCD on UCAS? Will the B matter? I will be applying for Eng at UEA, Exeter, Sussex, Kent and Leicester.
    You have to include all completed GCSEs,on UCAS and 6A*s,including an A in English Language and a B in Maths,the B in Maths is probably the only slightly bad thing and some unnecessary failed GCSEs,which probably won't ruin your life-most people will have a lot worse GCSEs than you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have to include all completed GCSEs,on UCAS and 6A*s,including an A in English Language and a B in Maths,the B in Maths is probably the only slightly bad thing and some unnecessary failed GCSEs,which probably won't ruin your life-most people will have a lot worse GCSEs than you.
    Thanks Is a B in Maths really that bad?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No they aren't. They are equivalent to GCSEs; they are not accepted in lieu of GCSEs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're good Universities I would say that A levels are much more important than GCSEs I know someone who applied for sussex for english as a mature student and was asked for AAA so its more about how confident you are for A levels which are far harder than GCSEs

Im always a bit skeptical about BTECs i cant help but feel universities are still prejudiced against them, I have a BTEC in public services which i got a Dis* in and it only took me 2 days to achieve whereas i know some people spend 2 years doing, that's not a criticism of the course but rather how it is administered i certainly don't think the amount of work i put in was worth 4 A*s but I wouldn't doubt that if I spent 2 years doing it, it may well be.

anyway rant about not convention qualifications aside predicted A level grades are more important and just do your best, I did alot better than I was predicted at GCSE so you may be surprised.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Naa a B is decent mate
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    most universities only want a C from what I've heard unless your going to a top uni. I've applied for maths and unis only want a B in GCSE maths from what I've seen So yeah it's pretty decent and won't hold you back unless your aiming very high
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most courses at most universities care very little about GCSE's. Mine were terrible, way worse than yours, and still got 5 offers from decent universities including Sussex.

You got C+ in Maths and English which is the main thing and (kind of) meet the 5 A-C GSCE requirement.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beebumble)
    Most courses at most universities care very little about GCSE's. Mine were terrible, way worse than yours, and still got 5 offers from decent universities including Sussex.

You got C+ in Maths and English which is the main thing and (kind of) meet the 5 A-C GSCE requirement.
    What were yours
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A Eng Lang
    A Eng Lit
    B Food Tech (compulsory)
    C Maths
    D French
    D History

If so would;

AABBBBDD make up for it?

6 A*-B is very good, and you've got two As in the subject that you want to study at university. Also, if you add the BTECs, you've got 2 A*s on top of that. If you don't mind me asking, what A-Levels do you do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A Eng Lang
    A Eng Lit
    B Food Tech (compulsory)
    C Maths
    D French
    D History

If so would;

AABBBBDD make up for it?

That's above the national average, so you should be happy. I wouldn't compare yourself to members of the student room; generally not very representative of all students.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's great that you've managed to push up some of your grades - don't worry about them at all, they're really good!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What were yours
    BCCDDEF

That should make you feel better.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.