The Student Room Group

Mathematics or Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Natasha A*
Yeah, oh wow that's really good! Which University are you at? I know medicine is very competitive and it would be an honour to get a place to study medicine and make my dreams come true but I'm still not sure if I want to let Maths go (sorry, if I sound like a child :s ). Hmm..yeah that seems really interesting, I enjoy most aspects of maths, I love all the cores and statistics as it helps me to relate it to Medicine :wink: x

It's hard to let go of maths, and even now after 4 years i still pine over it (I do my cousins high school stuff just to make myself feel good as i can still do it) but i know that if i had given up medicine/science i would have missed it to and to be honet i have never felt passionately about doing any maths based job i just loved doing maths such as trig differentials etc without any real life scenarios attached so it was more i enjoyed it as a puzzle/'game'.

I'm at Glasgow. There are several areas of maths that can be applied to medicine particularly statistics, it's just a shame that the part of maths i disliked the most was statistics.

People are saying to do maths first and then see about applying to medicine but if anything i would say do it the other way round. It may be a waste if you do medicine and don't like it as it's longer than maths, but the odds are you'll love it and you have a professional degree under your belt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending