The Student Room Group

Girls! Can boys wear Creepers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ryan_94
V-Creeper-502S-B.jpg

They're my new shoes! I personally love them and I know a few girls that do, but I'm asking for a majority opinion on here - do you think a guy can wear them (and look straight)? I wear mine with black skinny jeans, an oversized denim shirt, a snap back and wayfarers. :smile: I'm really tall and skinny so it does work, I'm just interested in the majority opinion seems as these shoes are getting more popular!

'nuff said
Reply 41
Original post by willbee
No offence, but I think that outfit would be enough to make you look gay.

This. He may as well be wearing a rainbow colored "I <3 PENIS" T-shirt.
Blunt instant opinion: No, and neither can girls :colonhash:

Rational thought about opinion: I guess I've seen some people that can pull it off but I generally think they're difficult to make look good. At the end of the day, if you're comfortable in them and you feel good in them then that's great and your choice :tongue:
Reply 43
i fugging hate creepers. ugly shoes that people only wear because theyre soo 'hipster' and think theyre soooooo 'cool'
Paging Dr. Phaggot...........
Reply 45
I'm not a big fan of them tbh.
Reply 46
If I saw someone wearing the outfit that you described, OP, I would think that they were a massive cock-end.
Reply 47
Original post by dead101
Am I missing something? They're already very popular... The fact they're selling them in shops like Schuh make that obvious lol. Wouldn't say they'd catch on in 'mainstream fashion' though, least not for a while if they do at all - They've only just discovered converse and vans (unfortunately). Plus, I don't think creepers go with a body warmer (not that anything does).
Regardless, I think some guys can pull it off, but not all. Then again, that's like everything sooo~
And yes, they were worn by men to start with so yeah. And I don't think it makes anyone look 'gay'. Wouldn't wear a snapback with them though, but whatever you like is the way to go! Shouldn't let other people alter what you think.

Given his dress-sense, I fear that particular ship has long since set sail in the direction of Urban Outfitters.
wear what you like!
Not a fan of them on either sex. Should be reserved for creeps :colone:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 50
no one should wear them...
Original post by llessur123
They were originally mens shoes! So yeah, go for it.

That is true. But without the teddy boy look they may look a little odd..
Reply 52
Original post by Ryan_94
a snap back

Its called "a baseball cap".
I think they're ugly. Whether on guys or girls.
Original post by willbee
If he's gay then that's fine. But I thought he wanted to know if he could dress like that and look straight.

How can something only look good on a man of a particular sexual orientation you absolute moron?

If anything screams "I'm a faggot!" in this thread it's your signature.
Reply 55
It's the name that puts me off more than anything... brothel creepers. Sounds so seedy :shifty:
Original post by Ryan_94
They look great on girls! I suggest wearing them with tights/leggings and an oversized jumper/shirt/etc. :smile:

No they don't.
Nothing wrong with skinny jeans, but creepers never look good. ever.
Reply 58
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
How can something only look good on a man of a particular sexual orientation you absolute moron?

If anything screams "I'm a faggot!" in this thread it's your signature.

If you read the OP, he was asking not whether he would look good in it but whether he would look straight in it. I pointed out that the combination of Raybans, skinny jeans and an oversized jumper on a skinny guy would make most people assume he was gay. It's a stereotype but one that many people hold as truth, you included it seems.

I personally don't think that dressing a certain way means that person must be gay or straight, because I know gay people who dress normally and straight people that dress as though they want to be scouted as a model for topman.

I wasn't suggesting that something would only look good on a man of a particular sexual orientation, but some clothes worn in some places would make people think you were gay. I think wearing creepers would make people assume you're either a Hipster or gay, both of which have negative connotations in some parts of the country. Where I live, people do actually shout "Faggot" at young guys that wear skinny jeans at the bus station.

So I'm not really sure if you read what I wrote or intended to quote me, because you've missed the point so completely.

As for my sig saying I'm gay, I'm not. I don't actually believe you can tell someone's sexuality from the clothes they wear or the image they have; unfortunately there are still many small-minded people, yourself included, who do. I don't find being called gay an insult either, if that's what you were implying. But the word "faggot" is a derogatory insult to gay people, so if you're going to try to stand up for them then I advise you don't use it.
Reply 59
Sure! Unless you don't mind getting beaten the **** out in the alley way of your local pub
Sorry that was mean :tongue: but i dont think it is attractive in any way especially with 'black skinny jeans, an oversized denim shirt, a snap back and wayfarers' Serious bro:teehee:
why don't you just stick to good old converses?

Quick Reply

Latest