Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much will I get marked down?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my Lang exam today, I used terminology wrongly TWICE :/

I said oxymoronic contrast wrongly in one question, and personification wrongly in another. How much will I get penalized for it?

I have a high A for CA, and just hope this doesn't bring me down to a B. Everything else was generally answered OK though I think.

Will I just lose the marks for those points do you think? Or will I get brought down a lot?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'd actively loose marks, i think they'd focus on the correct points you did right and not penalise like that. I suppose you risk, with too many errors, an examiner judging you slighty, but it depends.

I'm sure it varies on how good the rest of the essay is! It doesn't mean you can't get an A!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You won't lose any marks . I just think they won't acknowledge it as a correct point, but for all you know, they may view differently and actually award you marks for attempting !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exam is only worth 40% compared to CA which are worth 60% anyways, so unless you get a very low B or under it probably won't make a difference. But i'm sure you won't lose any

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.