Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

really want to do medicine but failed twice! Advice please:(

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    I am an undergraduate international student doing the final year of medical engineering.I started doing this degree after got rejected from all of the uni's for medicine application.I applied this year and got rejected again,got 2.2 in my first 2 years and this year I don't think I did my exams very well so I am not sure whether I will be able to get a 2.1.I really want to do medicine,I understand that it is difficult to get in to a medical school with a 2.2 and being an international applicant.
    This year planning to do Msc while waiting.I even had some thoughts about doing medicine in some other countries but just want to try this year again as I wish to do medicine in Uk,incase if i am not lucky to do here(IF I am rejected again ) planning to try in an another country..Not sure How much it is possible to enter at least next year and not sure whether my decision is correct.Please guys all of your opinions are really valuable.please leave your opinions.

Thank you very much
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you do have to be realistic about your chances at this stage, even with an MSc or PhD. I'm not saying give up, but make sure this is definitely a path you want to go down. Your best bet is to sit the GAMSAT and apply to Universities accepting a 2:2 like Nottingham.

That said, I know little to nothing of the international process and the number of spaces available.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k262817)
    Hey Guys,
    I am an undergraduate international student doing the final year of medical engineering.I started doing this degree after got rejected from all of the uni's for medicine application.I applied this year and got rejected again,got 2.2 in my first 2 years and this year I don't think I did my exams very well so I am not sure whether I will be able to get a 2.1.I really want to do medicine,I understand that it is difficult to get in to a medical school with a 2.2 and being an international applicant.
    This year planning to do Msc while waiting.I even had some thoughts about doing medicine in some other countries but just want to try this year again as I wish to do medicine in Uk,incase if i am not lucky to do here(IF I am rejected again ) planning to try in an another country..Not sure How much it is possible to enter at least next year and not sure whether my decision is correct.Please guys all of your opinions are really valuable.please leave your opinions.

Thank you very much
    Im in a similar situation. I graduated with a 2:2 in Psychology last year. I had a lot of problems whilst at uni (partner had an affair, kicked him out and struggled to pay my mortgage, then a few months later, had a bad fire in my apartment and lost everything!). I think about studying Medicine every single day. My partner doesn't understand my need, he thinks its just a status thing for me (and middle child syndrome), and has told me he does not believe I am clever enough, or financially stable enough!

I have looked at many different routes to get into Medicine school. I have no A - Levels as had problems as a teenager with an eating disorder, and gained a place on my psychology degree after undertaking a HE certificate. I have looked at doing Gamsat and even started revising for this last summer. I began private tuition but very soon became unable to afford it (however, I did enjoy the science part of it...not so much the essay). Iv also looked at foundation years, and medicine access courses but no one will accept me with a having a 2:2 degree. Its very disheartening.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buy the GAMSAT books and keep at it! Literally work and revise work and revise, Im sure if you want medicine enough you will keep going.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 26, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.