Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Racist colleague, reported him

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NB_ide)
    Should he be fired? I think it's disgusting what he said, especially as he's supposed to be a scientist and scientists should know that there are no biological differences between groups of people who evolved in relative isolation from each other and have completely different histories.
    Definitely one of the better trolls around here. A lot of people have taken the bait.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I work for a large employer and there are lots of people I only meet occasionally. One was a nice chap from Saudi Arabia and he was eager to share stories of how his country has changed since Western influences have arrived. That's fine, but then he started talking about why Northern Europeans dominated (and dominate) the world and advanced technologically while other populations (such as his own) remained at a near standstill.

He said that he thinks "we" have better brains and are inherently adjusted towards conquest and innovation, while his own people, he thinks, are slightly less intelligent and lack the motivation we have.

I ended the conversation there and went immediately to speak to someone higher up. They were busy but I arranged a meeting for tomorrow and I'm going to explain what he said and that they have a racist working in their organisation.

Should he be fired? I think it's disgusting what he said, especially as he's supposed to be a scientist and scientists should know that there are no biological differences between groups of people who evolved in relative isolation from each other and have completely different histories.

I feel uncomfortable working with him now.
    I think you should be fired for being such a muppet. He's not being racist at all, I highly doubt he even thinks white people are smarter than his own people, he's just trying to be nice to you (it's a weird psychology thing, can't really explain it). It's impossible to be racist to your own race. Don't report him, that would be the harshest thing ever.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I work for a large employer and there are lots of people I only meet occasionally. One was a nice chap from Saudi Arabia and he was eager to share stories of how his country has changed since Western influences have arrived. That's fine, but then he started talking about why Northern Europeans dominated (and dominate) the world and advanced technologically while other populations (such as his own) remained at a near standstill.

He said that he thinks "we" have better brains and are inherently adjusted towards conquest and innovation, while his own people, he thinks, are slightly less intelligent and lack the motivation we have.

I ended the conversation there and went immediately to speak to someone higher up. They were busy but I arranged a meeting for tomorrow and I'm going to explain what he said and that they have a racist working in their organisation.

I feel uncomfortable working with him now.
    Nice try
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    nobody likes a whining bitch
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it really is true what he's saying!

Theres a much higher percentage of rich saudis that have inherited their money compared to the british. They seem to have less entrupeneurs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP is a whiney little bitch.

The guy was being racist towards his own country? Calling white northern Europeans dominant is a compliment.

Probably works in Mcdonalds and wants to be promoted to the Chief burger inspector of the store he works in.

Get a grip.

/thread
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Marshall)
    Pakistan is a washed up country made from India, it belongs to us! We in India have a corrupt government , so don't think twice~!
    Belonged* to you.
    Independence gained August 1947.
    Independence being a very important word there.
    I am sure you know what that means, or do you need me to explain that to you too?
    Typical.
    :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    If anything, he's self-hating but justifying it with evidence that Europeans colonised abroad and spawned the global market as a result. We wouldn't be trading with anyone like China if we hadn't set sail for the 'new world' in the 17th century. I didn't see Africans innovate. Arabs didn't expand or colonise beyond Africa, adjacent to their natural environment. Even the Japanese and Chinese did **** all in terms of expanding. It could've been that the Europeans came up with the question of 'what's out there' before they did but I think to an extent it should be considered as legitimate evidence that Europeans were superior/dominant but it could've been lucky that we set sail first. Arabs and Vikings had contact almost a thousand years before the Europeans expanded. Perhaps it was just us that did it properly.
    I don't think white people are superior to any other race if its got people who think in such an idiotic way (such as yourself). Those clever europeons were individual people, they would be insulted if you took credit for their intelligence. You have never done anything big in your life, while those smart white people did big things which required intelligence, so tell me how you deserve the credit for that?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you have disproved pretty much everything he said. About better brains and that ....
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theoneoranro)
    I don't think white people are superior to any other race if its got people who think in such an idiotic way (such as yourself).
    Cheers. Thanks for that.

Those clever europeons were individual people, they would be insulted if you took credit for their intelligence.
    I never claimed credit for the top Europeans, it's just that these guys were the top of humanity. Explain to me why we're the ones who explored the world and settled around the world. I even said it was a possibility that we randomly asked 'what's our there' first which caused it, meaning no bearing on the intelligence of modern Asians.

You have never done anything big in your life, while those smart white people did big things which required intelligence, so tell me how you deserve the credit for that?

Well done. You've now reduced your point greatly. I don't think you even had a point, you made up a point for me and then argued against it. You may as well have accused me of wishing all non-whites be thrown into an oven for all the good you did.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Snagprophet;37832852]
    I never claimed credit for the top Europeans, it's just that these guys were the top of humanity. Explain to me why we're the ones who explored the world and settled around the world. I even said it was a possibility that we randomly asked 'what's our there' first which caused it, meaning no bearing on the intelligence of modern Asians.QUOTE]

No, don't say 'we're' because you ain't ever done sh*t, all you've done is sit down on your computer talking a load of rubbish. If you want to talk history you'll find that the brown people (indians/arabs) did the most when it came to inventing things and making civilisation, brown people dominated for pretty much all of history, the white man only started dominating a few hundred years ago (before that europeons were running around naked like monkeys).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get properly racially abused one day so you understand what racism means
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimplyEccentric)
    I really can't comprehend the mentality behind trolling. Really can't. :troll:
    I can.
    He's trying to undermine anti-racist/feminist (in another thread) principles by taking them to a ridiculous extreme in the hope that people will assume all anti-racist/feminist ideas are wrong.
    He's a big ol' racist and sexist man trying to ridicule equality movements, and it's all rather dull.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP works at Walkers crisps counting the potatoes in case anyone was wondering.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndyAM)
    Cos we're all people. I treat pretty much every animal with dignity and fairness too. Got an issue with that?
    Yes but you do not treat animals the same way, i.e. equally, to humans. You just don't. No one does. You might be "nice" to them in general, like you try to be "nice" to most humans - but there are likely animals you eat or approve of eating, or keeping in cages, or training to do tricks, etc. Also there are probably humans you dislike for one reason or another and treat them differently

We're all people, no matter what race, but you have to recognise we're all different surely? Black people can stay out in the sun longer than white people before being sunburnt. Does this mean we should treat them differently? I think not.
    This is a common misconception. There are no differences between people except those imposed by society. If it was true that "black" people (an imaginary grouping) could tolerate the sun more, then yes we could indeed treat them differently - for example if you were staffing an outdoors event you could ask black people to take a position under the sun and allow fair people to work in the shade when possible. But that is racist and discriminatory because it's based on lies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALazyThracian)
    So a person expressed there opinion and then you conceived it as racism and now you booked a meeting to get this person in trouble?

If i was your boss i would reply back...

Actually you'd have to take very serious action indeed, however racist you may personally be.

(Original post by Stephen857)
    You are an absolute moron.
    There are clear differences. We are separate races.
    its been proven for instance our adrenal systems are different.
    to say its a social construct is mind blowingly stupid.
    Just look at a chinese persons eyelids then look at ours. Clear biological and anatomical difference.
    This is absolutely disgusting, I wish I'd never made this thread now. It's just a vehicle for racists to promote their lies.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.Ahmed)
    Belonged* to you.
    Independence gained August 1947.
    Independence being a very important word there.
    I am sure you know what that means, or do you need me to explain that to you too?
    Typical.
    :rolleyes:
    The English separated us, damn you. Independence for Muslims? Go to Saudi Arabia or Iran.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The only good thing to come of this is that a dirty immigrant will lose a job he shouldn't have got in recession time and it can now go to one of our own and the money can stay in our own country ,be spent here and stimulate our own economy.
    Racist. This is uncalled for!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The only good thing to come of this is that a dirty immigrant will lose a job he shouldn't have got in recession time and it can now go to one of our own and the money can stay in our own country ,be spent here and stimulate our own economy.
    Dirty simply for not being British?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there are no biological differences between groups of people who evolved in relative isolation from each other and have completely different histories.
    This betrays the fact that you are a troll.
Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.