The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Suzy_vet
My interviews were ok. the subject based one was really good, but the very scientific one was very difficult. I said something a bit silly in it too. How was yours?

Hey, sorry I didnt email you as I said, but I saw that you got sent the stuff in the end.

(I also positive-repped you because your gem was grey for some reason.)
Suzy_vet
My interviews were ok. the subject based one was really good, but the very scientific one was very difficult. I said something a bit silly in it too. How was yours?

My interviews went okay despite the fact i was really nervous for them. My first interview was mostly maths and with the admissions person. I thought i came across quite well, and i didnt find the maths too difficult. The second was with two professors and it was all maths. I had some really difficult questions in this one, the sort you just sit there for an ever increasing amount of time desperate to say something intelligent. What uni are you putting as your insurance? I put bristol down, but i really want to get the grades for cam. hope to see you there in october if everything goes to plan.

Tatum
Reply 22
Yup hope i do too. Ive got the Royal vet college as my second. Got rejected from bristol. Whats your name? Just so i know if i meet you when we get there, although ill prob forget?

Thanks ralfskini, i think tek gave me neagtive feedback, thats what made me go grey!

Also, which grade of accomodation are you guys thinking of going for? The info is a bit confusing, cause it says prices vary between 469 and 640 or something, but then the average for a year that it says on another sheet is £1812, which is surely not the average. Maybe it means theres more higher class accom than cheaper. what do you think? It sayd grades of accom from 1-6, im thinking 4 or soemthing.
Suzy_vet
Yup hope i do too. Ive got the Royal vet college as my second. Got rejected from bristol. Whats your name? Just so i know if i meet you when we get there, although ill prob forget?

Thanks ralfskini, i think tek gave me neagtive feedback, thats what made me go grey!

Also, which grade of accomodation are you guys thinking of going for? The info is a bit confusing, cause it says prices vary between 469 and 640 or something, but then the average for a year that it says on another sheet is £1812, which is surely not the average. Maybe it means theres more higher class accom than cheaper. what do you think? It sayd grades of accom from 1-6, im thinking 4 or soemthing.

I think they allocate you a room randomly if you dont ask specifically for high or low grade accomodation, so I think I'll just see what happens and leave it for them to decide.

I havent actually read all of the information yet (there is too much :frown:) but I will when I get round to it.
Suzy_vet

my name's ben. I was thinking of going for an average grade of accom. I think when it says 469-640 is per term, 1812 is the year. Where else did you apply to? i've just got around to declining bath, york, southampton and cardiff.
Reply 25
Drederick Tatum
my name's ben. I was thinking of going for an average grade of accom. I think when it says 469-640 is per term, 1812 is the year. Where else did you apply to? i've just got around to declining bath, york, southampton and cardiff.

Yes, but 1812 divided by three tersm is 604 a year, which is not the average of those two numbers.

Got accepted at RVC, and rejected by bristol and edin, without interview at edin. But i know three other people who all got rejected without interview from there, the only person i know who ddi put she was scottish on her form! Shes like one eigth or something. How about you?
Reply 26
I got in for Bio NatSci with AAA at Emma.

Have you looked at the fees, Ralf? £927 deposit before we even get there!

*sob*

The room prices have gone up too. £55 per week, my arse. More like £90
Reply 27
Suzy_vet
Yes, but 1812 divided by three tersm is 604 a year, which is not the average of those two numbers.

Got accepted at RVC, and rejected by bristol and edin, without interview at edin. But i know three other people who all got rejected without interview from there, the only person i know who ddi put she was scottish on her form! Shes like one eigth or something. How about you?

Ahh, but it might be a weighted average. (more rooms bought on the upper side of the scale perhaps)
lucerna
I got in for Bio NatSci with AAA at Emma.

Have you looked at the fees, Ralf? £927 deposit before we even get there!

*sob*

The room prices have gone up too. £55 per week, my arse. More like £90

eek! ..mind you, I think emma rents are comparatively cheap if you look at some of the other colleges.
Reply 29
Yes, i think it is a weighted average. Did you see that it said £55 a week somewhere?

The big payment at the beginning is rather annoying yes. Oh well .Im thinking i will go for an average room, and have more money for otehr things!

Latest