Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are so many ways to earn online and you can through
    Online data entry
    Seo techniques
    Forex
    Article posting

You can make money online by doing various online business such as Affiliate Marketing, E-mail Marketing, Pay-Per-Click, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Optimization and Forex Trading.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Forex trading will very rarely end with a positive balance for a student, even if you're studying economics/finance/maths. Prices fluctuate every minute, to be successful you'd need to be spending hours a day buying and selling at the right time or leveraging with large amounts of cash (which we can safely assume students needing to make money do not have).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my home town of Bangladesh, I like to show visitors around my town, explaining the things they can do, like help the homeless! At 5 Rupees an hour, it is best job i have had!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    This whole thread reads like something from google adwords...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the Op is earning some of his money right now by opening this thread :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sell some things you don't want on eBay & make profit out of them. It can go towards books/travel expenses or more realistically, a night out or a new top.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyyImRyan)
    Forex trading will very rarely end with a positive balance for a student, even if you're studying economics/finance/maths. Prices fluctuate every minute, to be successful you'd need to be spending hours a day buying and selling at the right time or leveraging with large amounts of cash (which we can safely assume students needing to make money do not have).
    Yes and no.
    While it is true that the majority of traders looses, if you actually take the time to learn trading, you could well make profit. Do not get me wrong here. Learning to trade successfully is certainly not easy. It will most likely take you several years to actually be able to sack in profits. However, it all depends on how much you want it and how much time you are willing to invest in this. You cannot expect to get out of bed and win a marathon if no training whatsoever. Equally, no one of sanity believes that he can become a boxing champion without having ever done a single boxing competition before. It is the same with trading. I don't know why so many people seem to agree with the other examples but then think they can get rich in a matter of weeks without knowing anything about trading.

In case someone asks:
    No, I do not make money with trading. In fact I just started. However, I know that this is no get rich quick strategy. I realize that to be successful in Forex it will take time, education and a lot of hard work. Just like it takes time, education and a lot of hard work to be successful in any other field / profession.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    Yes and no.
    While it is true that the majority of traders looses, if you actually take the time to learn trading, you could well make profit. Do not get me wrong here. Learning to trade successfully is certainly not easy. It will most likely take you several years to actually be able to sack in profits. However, it all depends on how much you want it and how much time you are willing to invest in this. You cannot expect to get out of bed and win a marathon if no training whatsoever. Equally, no one of sanity believes that he can become a boxing champion without having ever done a single boxing competition before. It is the same with trading. I don't know why so many people seem to agree with the other examples but then think they can get rich in a matter of weeks without knowing anything about trading.

In case someone asks:
    No, I do not make money with trading. In fact I just started. However, I know that this is no get rich quick strategy. I realize that to be successful in Forex it will take time, education and a lot of hard work. Just like it takes time, education and a lot of hard work to be successful in any other field / profession.

Umm you're missing the point entirely here - you'd have to be trading the whole time the market is open for forex to make any money. It's not like trading shares where you can invest medium or long-term.

A student can't sit in all day trading, they have studying to do. You took something incredibly simple and turned it into an entirely different, complex problem.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Umm you're missing the point entirely here - you'd have to be trading the whole time the market is open for forex to make any money. It's not like trading shares where you can invest medium or long-term.

A student can't sit in all day trading, they have studying to do. You took something incredibly simple and turned it into an entirely different, complex problem.
    Actually not. Do you know how long it takes for a country to change it's whole economic position? Have you in fact ever looked at daily / weekly Forex charts? Where Stocks trend for maybe one to two years, long term Forex trends go on for five years and longer.

See the attachment for the overall four year down trend of the EUR-AUD pair for example.

If you would have ridden this trend as a position trader you would actually have spent as little as 10 minutes to 1 hour of checking the charts every day. Yet you would have made a comfotable profit on the bear side.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	euraud_ltt.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	160806  
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    No idea what any of that is but you can do mystery shopping for a couple hours a week for a bit of extra cash. Pays better than min wage, I usually get bout £10/hour, and it's up to you when you do it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    Actually not. Do you know how long it takes for a country to change it's whole economic position? Have you in fact ever looked at daily / weekly Forex charts? Where Stocks trend for maybe one to two years, long term Forex trends go on for five years and longer.

See the attachment for the overall four year down trend of the EUR-AUD pair for example.

If you would have ridden this trend as a position trader you would actually have spent as little as 10 minutes to 1 hour of checking the charts every day. Yet you would have made a comfotable profit on the bear side.

It's great you've read a book on trading, but it doesn't make you an investment God unfortunately. Do you know what leverage is...?
    See this for the GDPEUR in the past five days, you get in and out on every fluctuation to make money - have you actually ever done any Forex trading?

I know TSR is ego-baiting at its finest, but people like you are just incredibly agitating. FYI, I trade too. Are you in the TSR trading competition? Put your money where your mouth is otherwise.

Edit: I checked, and no you aren't. Join up and see how your investments compare to the rest of TSR?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's great you've read a book on trading, but it doesn't make you an investment God unfortunately. Do you know what leverage is...?
    See this for the GDPEUR in the past five days, you get in and out on every fluctuation to make money - have you actually ever done any Forex trading?

Edit: I checked, and no you aren't. Join up and see how your investments compare to the rest of TSR?
    If you had actually read my first post, you would not have to ask this question.
    Secondly, my answer was to your statement that, in order to trade forex you would have to trade all day because trends don't last so long. This clearly is not true (as everyone who has a basic understanding of charts can check for themselves).

If you have even the slightest knowledge about trading, you know that there are different types of trades. While it is very well true that some actually do trade the minute charts, it is equally true that there are people who enter trades only several times a year and ride them (hint: position trading). This is especially true in forex.

The price action of the last five days is just a minor factor for a position you hold for several years. And yes, I know very well how the GPBEUR (hint: there is no GDPEUR) is fairing at the moment; having entered a short position before the weekend (shooting star at key resistance, that closed right below it, as well as an overbought signal of stoch 14, 3, 3 and a hit of a long term down trendline EDIT2: Before you ask, see attachment...).

you get in and out on every fluctuation to make money
    Again this is only partly true. While some actually do this, there are also many other types of traders. Chances are if you are trading every fluctuation you will se your money going sooner than later (if you know what spread is, you will realize that it is in fact not even possible to trade all minor changes because of it). One wonders if you have actually ever done any trading.

Also I have no need to do a penis (length) comparison with other TSR people; thank you.
    Furthermore, I do not see the need to getting personal.

EDIT:
    I also don't get this one. First you talk of trading and all of a sudden you talk of investing? I do not do any investments at the current time. Clarify yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpbusd.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	160827  
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    If you had actually read my first post, you would not have to ask this question.
    Secondly, my answer was to your statement that, in order to trade forex you would have to trade all day because trends don't last so long. This clearly is not true (as everyone who has a basic understanding of charts can check for themselves).

If you have even the slightest knowledge about trading, you know that there are different types of trades. While it is very well true that some actually do trade the minute charts, it is equally true that there are people who enter trades only several times a year and ride them (hint: position trading). This is especially true in forex.

The price action of the last five days is just a minor factor for a position you hold for several years. And yes, I know very well how the GPBEUR (hint: there is no GDPEUR) is fairing at the moment; having entered a short position before the weekend (shooting star at key resistance, that closed right below it, as well as an overbought signal of stoch 14, 3, 3 and a hit of a long term down trendline EDIT2: Before you ask, see attachment...).

Again this is only partly true. While some actually do this, there are also many other types of traders. Chances are if you are trading every fluctuation you will se your money going sooner than later (if you know what spread is, you will realize that it is in fact not even possible to trade all minor changes because of it). One wonders if you have actually ever done any trading.

Also I have no need to do a penis (length) comparison with other TSR people; thank you.
    Furthermore, I do not see the need to getting personal.

EDIT:

I also don't get this one. First you talk of trading and all of a sudden you talk of investing? I do not do any investments at the current time. Clarify yourself.

Sign up to the TSR trading competition, place higher than me, then tell me what I do and do not know about trading. "Slightest bit of knowledge".

Until then, I regard everything you say as mind-boggling, ego-baiting rubbish from someone who read a book and thought they were Warren himself. :rolleyes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sign up to the TSR trading competition, place higher than me, then tell me what I do and do not know about trading. "Slightest bit of knowledge".

Until then, I regard everything you say as mind-boggling, ego-baiting rubbish from someone who read a book and thought they were Warren himself. :rolleyes:
    Great we have cleared that. As i have no intention to measure my penis length with yours and as you have clearly shown your knowledge about Forex in your posts, I see no need to continue this discussion any further. Whoever, is interested in trading Forex, can go and check the facts for himself. Thank you for showing me your true personality and knowledge about the subject matter. Have a good day trading.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.