Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Concert Query

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch Coldplay on Saturday 9th June at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester and to you music fans I don't necessarily want to admit this but I've never been standing at a concert on that scale before. Apparantley doors open at 5/6pm but Coldplay won't be on for at least 2 hours. However we want to get there early, will there be any chance if we are near the front to nip to the toilet at any point or get any snacks or is it a case of you're staying there for the next 4/5 hours. Just a question. Sounds stupid I know but I don't wanna look stupid when I get there.

Thanks.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can go to the loo but you won't be able to get back to the front when you come back.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guardian)
    I'm going to watch Coldplay on Saturday 9th June at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester and to you music fans I don't necessarily want to admit this but I've never been standing at a concert on that scale before. Apparantley doors open at 5/6pm but Coldplay won't be on for at least 2 hours. However we want to get there early, will there be any chance if we are near the front to nip to the toilet at any point or get any snacks or is it a case of you're staying there for the next 4/5 hours. Just a question. Sounds stupid I know but I don't wanna look stupid when I get there.

Thanks.
    Depends how confident you are at asking people to move whilst you squeeze past them... it is a pain getting out an in again certainly. If I want to do a gig like this I usually just smuggle in a small bottle of water and don't move from my place at the front. If I'm drinking at a gig, I'll always stand further back to go to the bar and loo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be at the front you need to meet the HARDCORE FAN criteria for the band.
    This means you'll need to be queueing three days in advance and be brushing up on your sprinting skills for when the gates open.

As for going to the loo and getting snacks, be warned that the rest of the people at the front will have surgical catheters implemented and will have eaten two days food worth in the queue in order to prepare.

If you want to be front of the gig material, you need to train!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbethany)
    Well, you can go to the loo but you won't be able to get back to the front when you come back.
    Yeah I see. I might google ways of avoiding needing the toilet haha. I have a weak bladder

(Original post by dannyk)
    Depends how confident you are at asking people to move whilst you squeeze past them... it is a pain getting out an in again certainly. If I want to do a gig like this I usually just smuggle in a small bottle of water and don't move from my place at the front. If I'm drinking at a gig, I'll always stand further back to go to the bar and loo.
    Yeah I see, fair enough. Thanks for that.

(Original post by Hulk Hogan)
    If you want to be at the front you need to meet the HARDCORE FAN criteria for the band.
    This means you'll need to be queueing three days in advance and be brushing up on your sprinting skills for when the gates open.

As for going to the loo and getting snacks, be warned that the rest of the people at the front will have surgical catheters implemented and will have eaten two days food worth in the queue in order to prepare.

If you want to be front of the gig material, you need to train!
    Yeah, I see. Oh god, it's going to be an experience and a half this. I wanna enjoy it though without being worried about precautions like this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My post was very tongue in cheek!

Just make sure you enjoy the concert from wherever you end up standing!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.