The Student Room Group

Excessive amounts of energy drinks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm here and i'm still breathing and TSRing
Will from The Inbetweeners...enough said. :tongue:
Original post by Jessica_94
you need to go to rehab, your consuming way too much caffeine, id have some blood tests and xrays aswell if i was you, just to check every things still in working order

If you're going to make sarcastic comments then at least be grammatically correct.
It's not totally serious, it's like I'm addicted to Pepsi Max (3 or 4 cans a day) and have been for years, but it has had no effect on me to be fair
Reply 24
Original post by journalismus
Will from The Inbetweeners...enough said. :tongue:

Precisely what I was planning to quote. You beat me to it! :biggrin:
Original post by askew116
Precisely what I was planning to quote. You beat me to it! :biggrin:

I love that episode!
They can't do you too much damage just make sure you don't become reliant on them and that they aren't the reason you're tired in the first place!
Reply 27
The only bad thing is the horrific effects on your teeth.
Original post by Banishingboredom
If you're going to make sarcastic comments then at least be grammatically correct.

oh god, how sad are you.
oh god, how sad are you.

About as sad as your post was funny.
Original post by Anonymous
It's exam time, and for the past three or four weeks I've been drinking lucozade to keep me going while revising. I don't normally drink the stuff, but I've been exhausted so often lately that I've needed the lift.

Unfortunately I feel like I almost require it by the end of the day - and I'm concerned of the effects it's going to have on me. Today for example, I've had 3 bottles of it already, and I've got another two to hand if I need them. I know this is really bad, but I normally have two a day, at the most.

My exams finish at the end of the week, and I intend to drop them as soon as I finish, but I'm worried that I'm going to have caused myself some kind of damage in the time I've been drinking the.

I used to drink quite a lot of Lucozade as well for all-nighters and the like (and just because I like the taste :biggrin:), and it hasn't done me any harm so far. :nah: It's mainly sugar anyway with only a small amount of caffeine (my guess would be much less than a cup of coffee). I wouldn't worry too much if you don't see any adverse effect. :smile:
Reply 31
I'd rather use High Glucose tablets instead....

Or Pro Plus :wink: (That's a joke btw...)
Original post by shmuxel
I'd rather use High Glucose tablets instead....

Lucozade tablets were my backup if the drinks weren't sufficient. IIRC they didn't have glucose either so just sugar. :awesome: But I was disappointed to find out that the Lucozade tablets didn't dissolve in Lucozade. :sad: :p:
Reply 33
Original post by alex_hk90
Lucozade tablets were my backup if the drinks weren't sufficient. IIRC they didn't have glucose either so just sugar. :awesome: But I was disappointed to find out that the Lucozade tablets didn't dissolve in Lucozade. :sad: :p:

Lol, I don't particularly like the Lucozade tablets, prefer Dextro energy. Anyway they're full of dextrose, an isomer of Glucose, so work in the same way - quickly absorbed and makes you go high :P I tend to swallow one before entering the exam hall... by the time the instructions have been read out, it's taken effect :wink:
Original post by Banishingboredom
About as sad as your post was funny.

it wasn't meant to be funny, it was a serious post.
it wasn't meant to be funny, it was a serious post.

That's even more worrying then

Quick Reply

Latest