Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M94 - Greek collapse border closure Motion

Announcements Posted on
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    What about the skilled immigrants from eastern europe?
    What skilled immigrants? the only Eastern Europeans I have met that work here are doing building and the like, nothing professional and undercutting local traders as they still make more her than they do back home... the bastards.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    What skilled immigrants? the only Eastern Europeans I have met that work here are doing building and the like, nothing professional and undercutting local traders as they still make more her than they do back home... the bastards.
    Well they work in hotels, on buses, trains, airports, and the like. Jobs that locals didn't really like doing because they involved very long hours and not brilliant wages.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    Well they work in hotels, on buses, trains, airports, and the like. Jobs that locals didn't really like doing because they involved very long hours and not brilliant wages.
    They are not skilled jobs imo.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They are not skilled jobs imo.
    Maybe not, but they are necessary jobs which is really what matters.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Straight forward no from me - you can probably guess my argument.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not, but they are necessary jobs which is really what matters.
    But not skilled jobs for skilled immigrants which was originally referred to.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    If this passes which I hope not, the MHOC may be suspended from the EU/Europe Bloc
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    But not skilled jobs for skilled immigrants which was originally referred to.
    You didn't expect me to read the first page!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    If this passes which I hope not, the MHOC may be suspended from the EU/Europe Bloc
    Good, the less interference from you the better.
    You didn't expect me to read the first page!
    No but you could of read the quote I was replying to
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

Whilst i see the reasoning i am pretty sure it would be illegal given that Greece will still remain a member of the European Union. Also, it is far more likely that Greeks will simply move to other Eurozone countries after the inevitable bank run as they will all seek to keep their Euros as the Drachma will be absolutely worthless and the UK economy is still ailing.

Also, i agree with open borders within the EU.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No but you could of read the quote I was replying to
    I know, I was too busy calling sandwich man a xenophobe.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    No.

Whilst i see the reasoning i am pretty sure it would be illegal given that Greece will still remain a member of the European Union. Also, it is far more likely that Greeks will simply move to other Eurozone countries after the inevitable bank run as they will all seek to keep their Euros as the Drachma will be absolutely worthless and the UK economy is still ailing.

Also, i agree with open borders within the EU.
    Ahhh, this places your "home secretary" at odds with you then. Time for the sack? Go on. Go on. Go on.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, this places your "home secretary" at odds with you then. Time for the sack? Go on. Go on. Go on.
    And possible isolation from the rest of Europe, if the Motion passes
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mate, use your intelligence. They want to be isolated from the rest of Europe; hell, they want to leave Europe altogether.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    No one cares!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    No one cares!
    You don't but myself and others want the MHOC to play a vital role in the Bloc.

I have sent the PM and DPM my rationale and ideas for the way forward.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking about Europe....

I personally want to see a Britzerland or a Brichtenstein
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I have sent the PM and DPM my rationale and ideas for the way forward.
    We must protect the interests of the people of our country if that means spitting on the EU we will do it. We have to make the right decisions for the people of Britain to hell with everyone else.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    An 'economic collapse' due to increased immigration? Last I checked immigration had a downwards pressure on wages, causing business profits to rise, as well as increasing demand.

'The House believes that we should ban the people who most need to come to our country from coming to our country'.

No.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony. Suspending the founding member of the EU Bloc from the EU Bloc. I'm not arguing with you about it, but simply stating that you don't have the power to do that.
Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.