Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Country you would least like to live in

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chronist)
    No. Usually when we mean country such as Spain, France or U.S.A we mean what here is called a Sovereign State. There is a difference between a (constituent) country and a sovereign state.

So:

country = Sovereign State
    England =/= Sovereign State
    England = (Constituent) country, so
    England =/= country
    You must be a riot at parties.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. Usually when we mean country such as Spain, France or U.S.A we mean what here is called a Sovereign State. There is a difference between a (constituent) country and a sovereign state.

So:

country = Sovereign State
    England =/= Sovereign State
    England = (Constituent) country, so
    England =/= country
    England is a country in a Sovereign State.

The United Kingdom is a country made up of four countries. Please troll somewhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom ' It is a country in its own right[10] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales'

Try harder next time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    England is a country in a Sovereign State.

The United Kingdom is a country made up of four countries. Please troll somewhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom ' It is a country in its own right[10] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales'

Try harder next time.
    England is a country in a historical sense, but it is not a sovereign country like France, Germany or the USA. :rolleyes:

Countries have one army, one central government, one currency, one nationality, one passport system, one membership of the UN and the EU, one external border etc. The UK has all the above, England or any other of the Constituent Countries haven't. 'Country' (as used when referred to England and the like) is just a term and if you look at it from a functional point of view, you can see that the UK is a country and England just a part of it. :cool:

P. S. I did not know that this was such a sensitive matter.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    England is a country in a historical sense, but it is not a sovereign country like France, Germany or the USA. :rolleyes:

Countries have one army, one central government, one currency, one nationality, one passport system, one membership of the UN and the EU, one external border etc. The UK has all the above, England or any other of the Constituent Countries haven't. 'Country' (as used when referred to England and the like) is just a term and if you look at it from a functional point of view, you can see that the UK is a country and England just a part of it. :cool:
    I really don't give a **** to be frank. England can be called a country as I proved. Did my thread title read 'Sovereign country you would least like to live in'? No it didn't.

Oh and stop using the 'roll-eyes' emoticon, especially when you have proved nothing.

Damn retarded trolls.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miryo)
    You guys are all stupid. Every country has its perks, its not like north korea is bad for everyone, if you were in a good position, even North Korea would be good. Don't just look at the retarded press.
    What? So if you're one of the elite few, life is rosy? Yes they are not starving like the rest of the country. That's it. Would you trade with them? No free media, no free speech, no electricity, no internet, no economy, no industry, no salaries, no travelling...no human rights at all. People who have escaped have told their stories, as have those who saw more than they were meant to on strictly controlled visits. I would call it the worst country in the world. Its citizens are starving and they aren't even free. Everything they do is strictly controlled and not even un food aid can get to them. Escaping is highly dangerous and puts their whole family at risk.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any from Eastern Europe and any Asian country.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    Any from Eastern Europe and any Asian country.
    LOL so you're saying you would least like to live in Japan or South Korea (some of the best places to live in). Silly little girl.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miryo)
    You guys are all stupid. Every country has its perks, its not like north korea is bad for everyone, if you were in a good position, even North Korea would be good. Don't just look at the retarded press.
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I'm having a Sunday roast because I'm in a 'good position' while 90% of the other population are starving to death, and like 50% are being forced to work in mines as punishment for being alive.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    I really don't give a **** to be frank. England can be called a country as I proved. Did my thread title read 'Sovereign country you would least like to live in'? No it didn't.

Oh and stop using the 'roll-eyes' emoticon, especially when you have proved nothing.

Damn retarded trolls.

Of course. England CAN BE CALLED A COUNTRY, but that does not mean that it is a country in the full sense of the word. It is not a country like USA, France or Spain and I have proved that in my earlier post. :rolleyes:
    And so, when you say in which country (like USA, France or Spain) you want to live in you refer to the conventional use of "country" and not to the special use of the word that applies to England and the others. :rolleyes:
    Hope you are not angry, babe.

P.S. The idea of a full, independent, country inside another full, independent country is a paradox of the political type. It is like claiming you are independent and you live at your mom's place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course. England CAN BE CALLED A COUNTRY, but that does not mean that it is a country in the full sense of the word. It is not a country like USA, France or Spain and I have proved that in my earlier post. :rolleyes:
    And so, when you say in which country (like USA, France or Spain) you want to live in you refer to the conventional use of "country" and not to the special use of the word that applies to England and the others. :rolleyes:
    Hope you are not angry, babe.

P.S. The idea of a full, independent, country inside another full, independent country is a paradox of the political type. It is like claiming you are independent and you live at your mom's place.
    Actually, as most people call England a 'country', the 'special' meaning is now the conventional meaning, and the conventional meaning is now the special meaning.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i would least like to live in any muslim country, especially saudi arabia or in a country which has military dictatorship such as burma or too much violence
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaliack)
    Actually, as most people call England a 'country', the 'special' meaning is now the conventional meaning, and the conventional meaning is now the special meaning.
    Who? People without relevant knowledge? :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Russia/Denmark/Eastern European countries/North Korea
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who? People without relevant knowledge? :rolleyes:
    Umm... about 99% of the country. Doesn't matter if they don't have relevant knowledge, the word develops the meaning of the common usage and in the context of the speech.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A100whoo)
    Russia/Denmark/Eastern European countries/North Korea
    One of these things is not like the others.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Under-developed country: probably Zimbabwe, simply on account of Robert Mugabe (and being caucasian...), but I'd say that most Sub-Saharan African (and various Asian subcontinent) countries would be pretty awful to live in.

Developed country: America, hands-down. I actually did live there for 3 months last year. I enjoyed the first 3 weeks, but for the next 2.5 months I was just desparate to return to England. Socially, it's such a s*** country. Pretty much every demographic of people in America is nauseating in one way or another.

Granted, I was in North Carolina - redneck central - which didn't help. I get the impression that the New England states would have a higher number of decent, well-educated people (in spite of North Carolina having two world-class Universities (Duke, and Chapel Hill) ); and I also get the impression that New England would be a better place to live in general - both socially and economically. But I don't even think I could cope with living there either; I still despise the American federal laws and the stereotypical American culture.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I'm having a Sunday roast because I'm in a 'good position' while 90% of the other population are starving to death, and like 50% are being forced to work in mines as punishment for being alive.

Shouldn't you have commuted suicide by now? Do you know how much of the worlds population lives in poverty? If it really bothers you, go to a deprived region and help out, if not stop ****ing complaining. And why does it matter if they're from where your living but if they're in any other country in the world then you don't care? Your a moron
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Umm... about 99% of the country. Doesn't matter if they don't have relevant knowledge, the word develops the meaning of the common usage and in the context of the speech.
    Where did you get that number from? :rolleyes:

Even if commoners misuse the word, public organisms will be unable to join and will still use the word in the conventional way.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarsAreFixed)
    What? So if you're one of the elite few, life is rosy? Yes they are not starving like the rest of the country. That's it. Would you trade with them? No free media, no free speech, no electricity, no internet, no economy, no industry, no salaries, no travelling...no human rights at all. People who have escaped have told their stories, as have those who saw more than they were meant to on strictly controlled visits. I would call it the worst country in the world. Its citizens are starving and they aren't even free. Everything they do is strictly controlled and not even un food aid can get to them. Escaping is highly dangerous and puts their whole family at risk.
    Naive little child, have you ever been to north Korea? No. Have you ever personally met anyone from north Korea? No. The media is controlled by the government and of course they'll want to make the country that doesn't bow down and obey them look bad, in case they ever decide to go to war with them, they'll have an excuse that retards like you gobble up. The stories? Those people are working for the US government.

Trust me, the same thing happened during the Iranian elections, I was at the country during the time and the news abroad was totally different to what was actually happening.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miryo)
    Have you ever personally met anyone from north Korea? No.
    Why can you be so confident in supposing this?

I mean, I know why, but have you reflected on it?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.